PDA

View Full Version : Rattle from Magnex Mid Section

MattyH16valver
30-07-2007, 22:26
Went to get a new Rubber fitted to the Cat/Mid Section Hanger as I thought that this was the cause of my exhaust rattling. It turns out that the mid section is the cause of the rattle....does the mid section have baffles in it? Could these have been blown out/broken when I fitted a de-cat for a few days due to the amount of pressure being put through with no restriction from a cat? Can this be fixed? Cheers. Matt

MAXIBOY
30-07-2007, 22:37
if its silenced yes it has baffles. can be removed the baffles might be noisier can,t be fixed

cliokiz
30-07-2007, 23:39
Wonder what a mongoose would sound like without baffles? :twisted:

big hp
31-07-2007, 18:33
My magnex centre section has loose baffles. I've just bought a devil centre section to replace it which is straight through. Can just cut out box and powerflow will weld a new one in for you for £60 IIRC or just weld a bit of pipe in there to replace box.

MattyH16valver
31-07-2007, 18:48
My magnex centre section has loose baffles. I've just bought a devil centre section to replace it which is straight through. Can just cut out box and powerflow will weld a new one in for you for £60 IIRC or just weld a bit of pipe in there to replace box.

Sounds good to me mate...do you mean the place on the Gatehouse industrial estate....Top Gear Exhaust I think its called? Did'nt know ur mid section was actually knackered too. Quite fancy a Scorpion system though as I like the backbox.... :lol: I wonder how much a custom exhuast would cost from the Top Gear place.......

big hp
31-07-2007, 19:07
Yeh mines been loose for a couple of months now. Cant really notice TBH but if you tap the box you can here them rattling.

MattyH16valver
04-08-2007, 17:35
Went to Top Gear today and they quoted me £80 to cut out the old center section and weld a new one in....not bad really I suppose. Booked in for next sat....wooohoo no more rattles! :)