PDA

View Full Version : That orange bit in the rear indicators...

white16valver
30-07-2007, 20:15
... is that something that could be removed?

Have thought about doing this for a while then getting some silvatec bulbs or whatever in there :)

Justin..
30-07-2007, 20:28
yeah ive taken, well smashed them out of mine. not sure if they'd come out i one peice or not though :?

white16valver
31-07-2007, 16:13
yeah ive taken, well smashed them out of mine. not sure if they'd come out i one peice or not though :?
Think I'll see if I can get a cheap set to play with then rather than risking my own! lol

Lunner
31-07-2007, 18:57
I have a set of ph2 ones you can ahve cheap

white16valver
31-07-2007, 19:43
How cheap ;) lol

MatBrown
08-08-2007, 00:55
I have a broken one you can play with if you wait till the next show.

Mat.

Coops
08-08-2007, 10:08
yeah, its an easy mod, did it on my last valver. the ornage bit is simply clipped in, so remove the bulb carrier then use the end of a hammer or similar to push it out into the light unit, then pliers to get a grip on it and pop it out through the hole it was attached to. bit of a squeeze but its flexible enough to do it. then slap them chrome type bulbs in like u said and job done. imo looks miles better and still need to do it to the new one!

fronts are a little more difficult, am still workin on a method to do them without breaking them!

white16valver
08-08-2007, 14:35
I have a broken one you can play with if you wait till the next show.

Mat.
That would be cool, thanks :)

yeah, its an easy mod, did it on my last valver. the ornage bit is simply clipped in, so remove the bulb carrier then use the end of a hammer or similar to push it out into the light unit, then pliers to get a grip on it and pop it out through the hole it was attached to. bit of a squeeze but its flexible enough to do it. then slap them chrome type bulbs in like u said and job done. imo looks miles better and still need to do it to the new one!

fronts are a little more difficult, am still workin on a method to do them without breaking them!
From what you've said, I assume that you can just replace the orange bit if you want to? Knowing me I'll take it out then not like it LoL :lol:

Coops
08-08-2007, 16:03
it could be done but am not sure if you could get the pressure on the front of the orange insert to pop it back in if you get me, never tried

white16valver
09-08-2007, 12:38
ok, cool, thanks for the help! :)