PDA

View Full Version : im getting a bit peed off now folks, can anyone help?

titcharoony
30-07-2007, 19:21
ive bought a back box and a centresection+backbox through this website from members both saying it would fit a williams. All three items are magnex, and im sorry that is total shite. Does anyone know if the williams 3 has a different exhaust fitting? The guys had mine up on ramps today and said none of it would fit. Im getting a bit sick of buying magnex exhausts with people telling me theyll bolt straight on. Im gona just get a bloody new one.

titcharoony
30-07-2007, 19:24
i mean, are people just flogging 16v exhausts and saying yeah yeah they'll fit a williams...if so, bit pathetic on a website like this where community is king..or is it just that im being lied to by mechanics?

FATBOY
30-07-2007, 19:34
as far as i know they are the same???? the only difference is the cat/de-cat. the williams flange on one of the cat/de cat is at a slightly different angle than the valver...

also im not 100% sure on this but is the back box pipe shape different between valvers and williams? as its a different shape to get over the rear axle??? what is the code on the backbox mate???

titcharoony
30-07-2007, 19:37
the exahust dude said it would need a sleeve at end of backbox...but the backbox he said fits fine, but he said the cnetre section, the 'hangings?' are in the wrong places...

FATBOY
30-07-2007, 19:38
i think ive heard mat brown say something about the hangers in the past? ask mat brown or big hp. they will shed more light on it than me..

Justin..
30-07-2007, 19:42
williams mounts are sliiightly different. and the williams has an extra mount by the centre section of the exhaust

titcharoony
30-07-2007, 19:42
this is the pm i got from 106diablogti before i bought it off him

The exhaust is for a Williams, I have fitted it to my Williams and it fits perfectly. I bought the exhaust orginally off Andy Northrop (sold as a Williams exhaust) who is the brother of the chap that owns this forum.

You will find that the Magnex Williams backbox is the same part number as the valvers (they are the same part). The backbox you must of had was from another model e.g. 1.2, 1.4 etc.

The part you should be more concerned about is the centre section, these vary between the Williams and the valver. I have the correct one where the brackets are in the right location.

When you said it didn't fit, what was wrong with it?

Rich

Andyvalver
30-07-2007, 19:46
I cant imagine it would be different after the cat.

FATBOY
30-07-2007, 19:47
hang fire mate! i doubt he was trying to diddle ya.... were all here to help and im sure it will fit (with a slight mod)...

titcharoony
30-07-2007, 19:49
im sure it will fit..but with a sleeve perhaps..but tehn so will most. reckon ill just take it to custom chrome down the road n say, bodge it on. i shudnt have to though is my point, if sumthing 'fits perfectly'. maybe my car isnt a williams haha

FATBOY
30-07-2007, 19:53
well if andy had the zorst b4 106diablo, then pm andy and ask him a few questions regarding it? he may be able to help?

titcharoony
30-07-2007, 19:58
ll try me best mate...

titcharoony
30-07-2007, 19:59
oooh hang on people. i may have sorted this...

titcharoony
30-07-2007, 20:00
apprently the original centre section has mounting arm on different side to the magnex, so he supplied the mounting arm to go onto centre section so that itd go on properly. im guessing perhaps the exhaust guys didnt look. i did tell them id brough clamps etc. but u know wht mechanics are like. stupid fat and stupid.

arj256
30-07-2007, 20:05
The hangers on the exhausts are in slightly different positions iirc.
But they can be modified to sit in different positions.
You can get a 16v exhaust to fit on a williams, just needs abit of time to play around with it.
Main problem with 16v exhausts is they lack the centre hanger after the cat to stop it hanging low.

106diablogti
31-07-2007, 13:03
Only just noticed this thread!

This exhaust is definately for a Williams as I had it on My Williams 2!!

The problem you're having is that the garage need to remove the existing mid exhaust hanger, this is only bolted on. I included the new one which simply replaces the old one placing the hanger on the otherside (correct side).

This is how the exhaust joins :-

Mid bolted on to orginal Catalytic convertor or decat pipe.

Hanger replaced in the mid section (one as mentioned above).

Mid fits with a sleeve joint in to the back box. The clamp I provided you should be tightened around this to stop leaks.

I have pm'd you with my mob number if you need to chat.

Rich

106diablogti
31-07-2007, 13:08
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h120/cliokiz/exhaust%20hanger/mount1.jpg
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h18/ppsun/P1010027.jpg

This is the hanger you can see the bolts that need to be undone in the bottom picture.

AndyFielder
31-07-2007, 13:36
mate quickfit can sort you out all new hangers an make a center hanger for my 16v all for £20... stop moaning!

Purple
31-07-2007, 13:41
Some more pics of the original exhaust hangers to help you out.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h18/ppsun/backboxfront.jpg
Backbox front hanger

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h18/ppsun/backboxrear.jpg
Backbox rear hanger

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h18/ppsun/P1010071.jpg
A better pic of the mid-section hanger

titcharoony
31-07-2007, 13:51
andy16v? get a proper car. and cheers to the rest of u, seems like good advice. never go with brittania tyres by the way. theyre useless. unless ur actually getting tyres, then im sure theyre stolen coz theyre so cheap :)

Matty86
31-07-2007, 14:37
calm down titcharoony, jeez

just to add to the 'slight' angle difference between a williams and a 16v at the cat flange/downpipe joint - its 90deg :p

northy
31-07-2007, 15:04
sorry guys i have only just seen this thread.

The mid section came with a bracket i think to convert the hanger to the other side.....has this been fitted mate ?

Can u take some snaps for me please to show me your problem ???

northy
31-07-2007, 15:08
This picture is from when our kid unwrapped it as it was orginally bought for 0171. Yours is the one on the left

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y107/northy_com/DSC00790.jpg

From what i remember it was a very nice exhaust the welds were fantastic !

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y107/northy_com/DSC00791.jpg

katbloke
31-07-2007, 17:02
btw i can vouch for 106, hes a decent chap and wouldnt intentionally rip anyone off, mind you my steering column seems to have vanished hey Rich ;)

:D

Lunner
31-07-2007, 18:36
Any hanlf decent exhaust place will bend hangers to fit and weld extra brackets on where necessary, i moved one exhaust from one car to the other and vice versa both fit perfectly on the orignal cars, both needed modifying to fit perfectly on the new cars, exhaust are just one of those things, any half decent fitter worth his salt will tell you that, soulds liek you are making a mountina outa a mole hill

106diablogti
31-07-2007, 19:19
btw i can vouch for 106, hes a decent chap and wouldnt intentionally rip anyone off, mind you my steering column seems to have vanished hey Rich ;)

You know where I live! come and get it :lol:

A nice free brand new OMP aluminium strut brace is waiting for you also :shock: :)

Matty86
31-07-2007, 19:48

A nice free brand new OMP aluminium strut brace is waiting for you also :shock: :)

free stuff?

dibs! ;)

katbloke
31-07-2007, 21:36

Free :D what time you going bed ;)
I will pop round sometime, wanna tell ya brother what you said about his golf that day :D :P

titcharoony
31-07-2007, 22:17
took to an exhaust under reccomendation, and suprie suprise, they got it on with little problem at all. the lesson? mechanics are chumps.

Matty86
31-07-2007, 22:35
lesson learned - don't jump to conclusions ;)

Lunner
01-08-2007, 00:56
lesson learned - don't jump to conclusions ;)

Agreed lol :wink:

106diablogti
01-08-2007, 12:23
Agreed :lol: