PDA

View Full Version : Lambda Failure - 4 Months

BRUN
30-07-2007, 15:03
back in March when my head gasket went, i also had a cambelt kit fitted, and a new lambda sensor as i was having symptoms that it had failed

last few weeks those symptoms have returned, so ive had a new one put in today, and the old one rattles when shaken, pointing to warm up coil failure

why are they failing on me so quickly, 4 months is a joke, its a direct fit bosch one

do you think its overfuelling causing it to fail, have a look, it is very black, though maybe not as black as the yellow box ive got it on makes it look

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y186/mbrunskill/lambda.jpg

drsmith1979
30-07-2007, 15:19
does look a little carbonised, however, i would simply go back to the place you bought it and ask them to refund you. they come with 12months warranty iirc if its a genuine bosch item.

you been for an emissions check? most places do them for free, if you are running a decat then it will be higher but you want to check the readings, they will indicate whether its over fueling.

what mods you running brun?

BRUN
30-07-2007, 15:34
i havent got the box for it to send it back with

i have the following mods

Hill power chip (now removed to see if it was overfuelling, changed to different 'chip' for the time being)
Piper cams
Kent pulleys
ITG filter element
Scorpion exhaust system
Magnecor leads
De-cat

drsmith1979
30-07-2007, 15:44
the main question is regarding the chip, is it specifically mapped for your cams? if it has a generic map for uprated cams then it may simply be an over fueling problem due to the map?

not leaking from the manifold is it? could cause descrepancies in the lambda readings as its after the manifold in the downpipe. your exhaust doesnt catch on the floor does it?

BRUN
30-07-2007, 18:18
checked for leaks along the system a few times now, pretty certain i dont have any leaks along the whole system

drsmith1979
30-07-2007, 18:21
ive not seen an original manifold that isnt cracked on the 4 branch cross and leaking, have you ever had yours off?

BRUN
30-07-2007, 18:25
id presume it came off when GDI did my head gasket a few months ago, ive had a good feel around their last night, couldnt feel anythin