PDA

View Full Version : Problems problems.... more problems! - which sensor?

alex_e3
28-07-2007, 14:41
God damn it - this new hybrid is doing my nut in! Yet i can't help but love it sooooooo much!!!!

Basically, when changing gear up the gearbox, when the clutch is dipped, the revs blip up about 300rpm on their own. Usually is worse when you make the second butterfly flap open.

Anyone any idea which sensor is to blame? I'm guessing throttle position sensor, as it doesn't happen until you move the second butterfly. Plus nearly every sensor is off the old engine - and that didn't have this irritating problem. Only sensors which haven't been changed are the knock sensor, TPS sensor, and the lambda.

Anyone?!!

Other problems i've still got with car:-

Took the car in today to see if someone could get the exhaust to stop knocking - 'tis a scorpion, and the car is lowered 40mm. Managed to cable tie it just about so it doesn't knock, but the only sure fire way to solve problem would be to get another exhaust made up at Demon Tweeks' Powerflow.

Anyhow, we just got it sorted, looked to the front of the car - coolant pissing all over the place which was obviously from the bottom hose. We had a look, to find that the jubilee clip had split the pipe. Now i never like to pay someone to do a job i can't do myself - but i couldn't drive anywhere with no coolant! So had to pay them to get bottom hose off and cut it down, then put it back on.

Got home, looked under the car, and there's a f***ing drip from the same hose! He can't have tightened it enough - so now i've gotta do that & hope i don't split the pipe again.

I've still gotta fix the blowers, which randomly stopped working after going through the car wash.

There's also a strange noise coming from the nearside gearbox/driveshaft area when accelerating. It's like a loud whirring noise. Sounds like the box is catching on something, checked but can't find a thing - so i changed the dogbone mount & tiger sealed it just incase, but it wasn't that.

Then i've gotta seal the sunroof up with tiger seal until i can afford/be arsed to rip the sunroof out and replace the seal.

Then i've gotta fiddle with the clutch pedal stop even more, as i've fitted the volvo release arm, and i've taken too much off the original stop.

JESUS CHRIST - DOES IT EVER END WITH THESE CARS?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rant over!

BRUN
28-07-2007, 17:48
nope it never stops lol

ive had mine running sweet a few times, but then the lambda will fail on me again :x

alex_e3
29-07-2007, 16:32
Anyone know which sensor it could be????

Allan
29-07-2007, 23:12
scorpion's knock like crazy, then they break on the flang where they meet the cat due to lack of hangers, best advice is get a custom center section made up to suite, i did that with mine and its been knock free and perfect ever since.

whirring noise clutch release bearing maybe ?

alex_e3
30-07-2007, 16:34
Yeah it started bloody knocking again today. Does my head in proper!

When i can be arsed and get some cash, i'm gonna have a system custom made - fed up completely with the noise at idle.

I sincerely hope the noise comin' from box area is not the release bearing, as it's literally just had a new r5gtt uprated clutch & new release bearing.

I'm gonna have a closer look sometime soon, i'm sure something's catching somewhere, but haven't a clue where it is!

Lunner
30-07-2007, 18:00
Only sensor i can think of would be the flywheel speed sensor, located on teh top of the bell housing, obvously when you dip the clutch the flywheel slows down, apart from that no idea