PDA

View Full Version : The idle/kangaroo problem ?

BRUN
26-07-2007, 23:11
anyone who has ever been affected by this problem, do you have times when the car starts and runs fine ?

ive had this problem a few times now and its never permanent, though it does happen most of the time when i get it

BRUN
26-07-2007, 23:13
also if anyone has recently changed the lambda, and not thrown the bad one, could you test the resistance for me, across the 2 white wires

BRUN
30-07-2007, 14:01
having a new lambda put on today and keeping the old one for spares/testing

with the warmer weather the last day or so, touch wood the car has been ok

Scougar
03-08-2007, 16:52
Let us know the results :) I get this problem as well, very very irritating.

Matthew

BRUN
03-08-2007, 18:44
working A1 now

Tiger
03-08-2007, 19:24
ive had this problem for over 2 years, on a warm dry day it will start from cold and run no problem whatsoever.

as soon as its wet and damp the problem happens everytime.

you think its the lambda then?

where did you get your new one from mate and how much?

cheers

drsmith1979
03-08-2007, 20:05
if it only does it when it rains i would check your ecu holder as it sounds like it may be getting wet. Bosche lambda's can be bought from a number of motorfactors, i got mine cheap from Andrew Page for £56 incl VAT, sure they made a mistake but i wasnt complaining lol.

also check under the car, the actual lambda connection may be dangling down and getting wet, mine unconnected itself last week and i only saw it 2days ago!

always good to check

BRUN
04-08-2007, 07:46
got an NGK one this time

my usual mechanic said they are of a better quality than the Bosch ones, and the last NGK one i had did last twice as long as the Bosch, which was only on 4 months

Nick @ Hill Power recommends the Bosch as he said he has seen problems when people have run other ones, especially the universal type which are not recommended

if you have had this problem for 2 years i presume you must have tried quite a lot of things to fix it, if you havent changed your lambda get it done, i could supply an NGK for about £50 delivered if needed