PDA

View Full Version : PAS fluid level

AndyFielder
25-07-2007, 18:08
where is it ment to be.

if anyone says search i will hit the roof! Im shattered and GSF are to blame for my car still being on the drive!! WRONG BEARINGS.

(I now recoment motor parts direct 5mins from my house.. i forgot it existed, super servces with MATCHING and correct front bearings!)

Anyway.. PAS...

Danny-ACE!
25-07-2007, 18:13
Its supposed to be no lower than the black level indicator inside the reservoir IIRC.

AndyFielder
25-07-2007, 18:13
i have never noticed a level indicator!

Danny-ACE!
25-07-2007, 18:26
When you take the top off, if you can see a black circle sort of thing inside the resovoir then its too low.

Clio_GTT
25-07-2007, 19:02
there's a ridged ring inside the tank and the fluid should be level with the top of it

Swervin_Mervin
25-07-2007, 19:30
Despite what Haynes says about it being level with the circular bit in the bottom of teh filler, if you actually remove the reservoir you'll see the markers on teh side which are hidden when it's in situ. :roll:

These show the levels as actually being near the top of the vanes in the filler neck. Quite a difference. I originally filled mine to the circular thing when I'd had a new pump fitted an boiled the fluid on a trackday. It was moaning like hell and I thought I'd busted it.

When I eventually found those marks and re-filled it to them, it was quiet as a mouse and worked beautifully. 8)

white16valver
26-07-2007, 12:10
Has anyone got a reservoir off the car at the moment that can take a picture of where the level's supposed to be? :)

Mine just seems to piss out fluid everywhere, all the time :?

I just keep topping it up but I am concerned for my paintwork...

Could it be the pump on the way out? :shock: :(

mon
26-07-2007, 18:01
there's a ridged ring inside the tank and the fluid should be level with the top of it

yea thats right if filled two mutch it comes out the top of the cap it still does it when on max level thats just how the system works

Coops
26-07-2007, 22:06
as swervin says, the level should be filled to just about the top of the vanes in the resevoir if its to match the level mark on the side.

the res slips off the engine mount easily, just lift it off n check the side, u'll see the mark