PDA

View Full Version : Williams Subframe on a Valver

matty
25-07-2007, 17:38
Is this a straight swap and would my ARB still fit or would the Williams ARB be required.

I have 1 year old driveshafts and new Valver bushes for both the ARB and Wishbones, so don't want to go widetrack especially as I doubt my FK coilovers will fit as they have a different model for the Williams.

So in a nutshell, will all existing parts fit to the Williams subframe and is it worth it, ie stiffer and better handling?

Lunner
25-07-2007, 17:46
Yup will all fit, williams subframe is stronger, but also heavier, doubt you'd notice any difference unless you regularly tracked your car

Clio_GTT
25-07-2007, 19:04
I've got one on mine and didn't notice a difference tbh, but i think this and my strut brace contributed to my fecked roof :cry:

white16valver
26-07-2007, 11:46
I think I'll leave mine with bendy suspension so I don't get a bendy roof lol

I imagine that unless you caged it, any stiffening you do (coilovers, strut braces etc) will stress the already paper-thin shell!

Lunner
26-07-2007, 11:59
I've got a stitch welded williams subframe and a strut brace and my roof is fine, having said that it hasn't found its way onto a track yet

matty
26-07-2007, 19:56
Nick Hill advised me that the roofs crease through flexing. Which is why a strut brace helps. That is why I got mine. So hopefully a stiffer subframe with my coilovers will be alright.

Lunner
26-07-2007, 20:13
Nick Hill advised me that the roofs crease through flexing. Which is why a strut brace helps. That is why I got mine. So hopefully a stiffer subframe with my coilovers will be alright.

A strut brace causes the roof to crease lol

Clio_GTT
26-07-2007, 20:45

A strut brace causes the roof to crease lol

too right it does, my roof was fine before the willy frame and brace, now it's creased at the corner of the sunroof. It's no biggie as at the end of the day it's a 15 year old french hatch. Give it some stick and make her corner on three wheels, that'll buckle your roof

number1
29-07-2007, 00:55
Any car that corners on three wheels is going to have to flex, i had a 95 valver with a straight roof, until i fitted a strut brace, managed to bend the one on my hybrid without a brace, gonna rip out roof lining tommorow hopefully and fix the leaky sunroof and bent roof

u33db
29-07-2007, 08:48
My Ph3 1.2 8v started to crease on the roof.

Daz.
29-07-2007, 11:46
I want a strut brace on the willy - seen as I have standard suspension and no sunroof I'm assuming i'll be ok?