PDA

View Full Version : Fitting AVO Coilovers

GT-Facer
24-07-2007, 15:32
I have purchased a set of AVO coilovers through the group buy (couldn't resist at that price) and fitted them last week.
Just wondering if i have fitted the nuts on the top properly. There was 2 nuts supplied with the coilovers so i have fitted one to hold the top mount to the strut and used the old dish top nut on top of that.
I seems to be ok, but the dish is sitting very high so I'm wondering if this is right.
Anyone else come across this while fitting?

Lunner
24-07-2007, 19:51
I had to remove the nut that holds the top collar down as the strut top nut thingy sat about 10-12mm proud of the turret top

GT-Facer
25-07-2007, 17:09
Yer that's what i have found with mine.
I'll remove it, as i am sure the top nut will hold the top mount on.
Thanks for the reply Lunner

Lunner
25-07-2007, 17:13
The only function of the nut is to hold the spring compressed when fitting, but since you wont' be running it stupidly low there is no need for it really, the strut top mount and the top of the turret will hold it all together once fitted

GT-Facer
01-08-2007, 11:11
I took the nut out, but yesterday the adjusters have hit the bonnet and put 2 big dints in it!!!
What have i done wrong? Should on of the nuts provided be under the top mount??
Help please!!!!

Lunner
01-08-2007, 11:26
as in PM, try replacing the big rubber doughnut under there as the nut does affect the top of the coiloovers, just the offset of the strut top plate

richy
01-08-2007, 19:05
i just used the std reno nuts, they fitted fine on my avo's and the top caps fit over them correctly!

GT-Facer
03-08-2007, 13:02
Took them off last night to fit my new top mounts and i think i may have discovered the problem.
I think i fitted the spring top cup the wrong way up :oops: seems really obvious now! I tired it both ways a few times when i was putting them on first time.
I think with them the right way up and nice shiny new top mounts they should be ok.
Thanks for the replies guys.