PDA

View Full Version : Fuel rail leak question.

alex_e3
22-07-2007, 23:45
Got all the williams engine in the other day. When i started it up, there was a massive fuel leak from the end of the rail where that bit pushes in (gearbox end).

Basically, i tried to take the end bit off my old fuel rail - and had to get it out with a screwdriver & tap with a hammer from both ends. I put that in the rail on the williams, and it still leaked. I took the end bit off again, and put it back in my old fuel rail, then completely swapped the fuel rails. I also covered the end bit in blue silicone sealant, which says suitable for fuel as well as gaskets. Put it all back together again, and the damn thing was leaking still.

I took it back off again (pretty pissed off by this time!), and had a look at the rubber O-rings, and they weren't in the best of condition.

If i was to buy new rubber O-rings, would this solve the problem most likely? Anyone else had this problem?

Cheers,

Al

MAXIBOY
23-07-2007, 00:50
yes should do. this is the fuel pressure regulator

alex_e3
23-07-2007, 09:59
Ahhhhhhhh right, was wondering what it was!

I'll order some today, hope they don't take too long to arrive. Hope it works - i'm desperate to get it on the road! Been off the road for 3 1/2 weeks now, and i'm fed up of running the mrs around everywhere! :shock:

alex_e3
23-07-2007, 21:59
Problem sorted!

Renault didn't sell the damn O-rings seperately - renault wanted you to buy the whole FPR!!!

Found some rings in my local motor traders. 1 fitted perfectly, but the FPR was a complete bastard to get it - surprised i didn't break it!

Anyhow, the hybrid is up and running after nearly a month of work on it in my spare time!!! It'll be on the road tomorrow after having it tracked at Tweeks (5 mins down the road luckily!) - i can't wait!!!!