PDA

View Full Version : Williams front suspension

Coggi
18-07-2007, 11:05
Hi, I met a few of you at FCS this weekend. I enjoyed watching the (Shortened track time.. what happened?)

Richy told me that the front suspension on the Williams is a wider track than my valver...

Does any one know the parts used to upgrade this?

Is it all 19 stuff?

Cheers Matt

MAXIBOY
18-07-2007, 11:08
yes mate its 34mm wider.
only 19 parts are anti roll bar wishbones and one drive shaft. struts and other driveshaft are williams only

northy
18-07-2007, 11:45
i have spare williams wishbones for sale.

Clio-Girl
20-07-2007, 11:12
Im looking at wide tracking mine to and wondered if the phase one and two 19 use the same parts?

Laine_16v
20-07-2007, 14:08
Im looking at wide tracking mine to and wondered if the phase one and two 19 use the same parts?

Phase 1 and 2 clios share the same drivetrain and suspension components yes.

Clio-Girl
20-07-2007, 15:36
i wanted to rob some bits off of a 19 for my wide track conversion so i needed to know if the old phase 1 is the same as the phase 2 chamade for bits

richy
20-07-2007, 18:24
hi fella, the main parts you need are....

front shockers
driveshafts
anti-roll bar(inc all fittings)
wishbones

these can be sourced off either a williams or some bits off a r19 16v

you dont need to change the hub/stub axle or track rods etc, the 16v track rods will have enough in them to wind them out to williams width track!

hope that helps :)

matt_clio
22-07-2007, 19:21
as above i used the 19 16v wish bones arb and passenger shaft then bought brand new drivers shaft which was 60 quid trade and gettin the shocks this week ! its all on bar the shocks cant wait to see what its like !

MAXIBOY
22-07-2007, 19:24
you need to measure you drivers side driveshaft or was it renault trade.

matt_clio
22-07-2007, 19:36

no it wasnt renault my local auto factors had to order it in !? why what length is it meant to be? if ya give me the measurement i will check tomorow i put it agaisnt my valver shaft and it wasnt that much length difference in it at all! about 25-30mm :?

Clio_GTT
22-07-2007, 19:53

no it wasnt renault my local auto factors had to order it in !? why what length is it meant to be? if ya give me the measurement i will check tomorow i put it agaisnt my valver shaft and it wasnt that much length difference in it at all! about 25-30mm :?

make sure it's not a renault 19 one as they don't fit.

MAXIBOY
22-07-2007, 20:21
i,m not sure on the length. but i could never get williams shafts except from Renault. they always supplied valver ones. just check it first.

Clio_GTT
22-07-2007, 20:28
i,m not sure on the length. but i could never get williams shafts except from Renault. they always supplied valver ones. just check it first.

that was my thought, parts places get reconned ones in and they're 99% of the time R19 or valver ones

matt_clio
22-07-2007, 20:41

that was my thought, parts places get reconned ones in and they're 99% of the time R19 or valver ones

the shaft is in and it all seems ok but i will ring reanult tomorrow and see if they can give the measurements of the willy shaft.

didnt mean to hi-jack your thread by the way :(

cheers peeps

Clio_GTT
22-07-2007, 22:07

the shaft is in and it all seems ok but i will ring reanult tomorrow and see if they can give the measurements of the willy shaft.

cheers peeps

16v is quite a bit shorter so you'd notice that i think (aslong as the 3 bearings are in the case) and the 19 16v one is slightly too long

matt_clio
22-07-2007, 23:58

cheers peeps

16v is quite a bit shorter so you'd notice that i think (aslong as the 3 bearings are in the case) and the 19 16v one is slightly too long

yeah i can deffo notice the difference in length but the shaft that goes in the case is the one off the 19 and its fine and the new one is fine too!! its hard to compare parts when you havent got the old parts to refer to lol i hope when the shockers go on its all sorted , fingers crossed any way