PDA

View Full Version : fcs feedback

northy
16-07-2007, 11:07
Can i have your feedback please guys so i can keep a record for next year please.

What did you think to the FCS 07 - I thought it was miles better than last year.

Did anyone notice how the R5 boys got to park in the stadium and got a parade lap ???

Maz
16-07-2007, 11:13
Entry to the event was a total sham in my opinion we sat there for hours whilst people were allowed to drive past everyone and drive right in.

Didnt see much of the event as I was there for track time only tbh.

Seemed like a much better venue than last year.

Didnt notice the R5 boys but if they did thats not really fair is it unless they are going to give each club a chance year by year maybe ?

wavy
16-07-2007, 11:17
i thought it was good
getting in there was a joke tho :( about 1 hr switchibg engine on & off sucks
the commentator wants shooting :)
it was better than 06 but felt miles away from any track action

food prices were another joke but not fcs's fault i guess

Winston
16-07-2007, 11:24
We didn't have any problems getting in :?

Mind you, cliolords satnav sent us the most obscure way lol

Really enjoyed the day.... good stand going too Northy :)

AndyFielder
16-07-2007, 11:37
needed some better entertainment, the monstor tucks were bollox!

AndyFielder
16-07-2007, 11:38
*add*

Should spend the money saved for them doing cheaper/free and extra 1/4mile sessions. Whit huge clocks so all can see times.

northy
16-07-2007, 11:41
Really enjoyed the day.... good stand going too Northy :)

sorry to all you guys who i made move up and down till i was happy lol. It was worth it in the end though. i recon our stand was the best laid out there was.

How clean was 0001 for us aswell.

Clio-Girl
16-07-2007, 11:48
much better than last year but sitting in traffic for over an hour to get in was a joke :evil: and it was also a shame they didnt have 1/4 mile timing and also i wanted their petrol station to be open!!

DaveH
16-07-2007, 18:25
I was sat in the far right hand lane to get in and the other two lanes flowed quite well.

Thought it ws a load better than last year mostly due to the venue and there was more to do but not being able to get close enough to the track action to spectate was most annoying!

richy
16-07-2007, 18:50
i thought it was miles better then last years, i agree the viewing point for track wasnt the best, but i cant see how that would be massively improved as its quite far away from the grandstands!

queing for me was ok tbh, got there early enough! took abit to find exactly were our stand was, but sorted in the end and looked good imo

DaveH
16-07-2007, 20:50
Somewhere like donnington would be a good venue i think. The rs national day is held there and it has all the standing show area and paddock area for trade and activities and there are loads of hills to view the track at different sections from.

Dont get me wrong it was a 100% improvement on last year its just something else that could make it even better for next year!

richy
16-07-2007, 21:13
the only problem with donington is the amount of cars getting stolen from the outer carparks, happening alot at events held there!

but i agree would be good there, my fav track lol

Mattie
16-07-2007, 21:14
the layout was miles better than last yr!

even though the entertainment was pants at least they made an effort

didnt have any complaints rele apart from the lack of track action and 1/4 miles.....looks like most of it kicked off after we left about 2 though....think they should have kicked it off earlier like last year!

Mattie
16-07-2007, 21:16
o ye, and to add.....i thought there wasnt going to be any NONE french cars there....even though there were alot less than last yr there were still a few there....i kno these people are probably memebers of clubs so its understandable they want to display there car on there clubs stands...but....it is a FRENCH CAR show!

MattyH16valver
16-07-2007, 21:27
Overall I thought the event was good...much better than last year. Stand looked awesome...just a shame mine was'nt on it! :lol: Williy no 001 looked as good as ever.....nice idea to have it in the centre too. The entertainment was'nt overly good...and the track seems miles away from where we were standing...looked like u guys were having fun though! :P Good to meet some new and old peeps aswell. I did'nt get caught in the traffic outside as i turned up late morning....but i'm sure it could be improved for next year. All in all a good day out and saw some really nice cars! 8)
Anyone know if it will be at the same venue next year?

DaveH
16-07-2007, 23:40
the only problem with donington is the amount of cars getting stolen from the outer carparks, happening alot at events held there!

but i agree would be good there, my fav track lol

Shocking didnt know about that- thats never good, and mine was parked well away from the gates as well on the grass!

summeh
17-07-2007, 02:21
Good points:

The stand layout was perfect northy.

0001 looked awesome in the middle with all our cars pointing towards the middle.

The venue was much better than last year.

The diner was a good place to sit and get food, rather than having to buy from a burger van and get food poisoning.

Bad points:

Arrived in Corby at 8am, queued for miles before we even got close to Rockingham. When we finally got in it still took us until 9am before we got through the gates. An hours queuing was very frustrating and annoyed me a lot.

Once finally in the stewards directed me towards the inner paddock saying I would be able to get in that way with my trailer and race car, when asked if that was for the club stand they said yes, but I need to go back out and a different way in.

So I then had to drive out of the gates (after queuing for ages) and against the flow of traffic, with a trailer, twats not letting me through etc and just streaming past very close to the trailer.

When I got round to the "other" entrance they told me to go back the way I had come from!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: Half of them didn't even speak very good English, and didn't know what the **** they where doing.

Got there in the end though after telling them where I was going.

Queuing for sign on and then the briefing was annoying. Even queuing to come out the other side of the tunnel!!!

northy
17-07-2007, 07:43
took me awhile to understand our stand layout - that was the hardest thing for me...Richy and rach got it straight away lol

AndyFielder
17-07-2007, 07:48
the stand looked the bollox.

Im going to suggest more things for use to do with our cars would have been awsome...

more RR'ds, tracking/wheel alignment, 1/4miles, better spectator positioning for the track and a bigger clock for the 1.4mile.... that sorta thing and get rid of the huge cues.

big hp
17-07-2007, 19:05
Stand looked well and 001 looked tip top.

Things that could be improved.........

Queueing time into ground. We arrived at 7 o clock and didn't get in until 7.30, there wasnt even many cars there. We stopped about 500 yards from entrance to club stands but still took 30 mins to get through.

Food was a bit expensive but thats not FCS fault.

Also all the trade stands had not a lot to buy on the day. I like the way its done at ford fair. Lots of traders with stuff to sell / buy and take home on the day, also lots of owners take there spares and set it up on table tops etc.

FATBOY
17-07-2007, 19:21
twas a long day. wasnt happy with the q's to get in, club stands and the trade stands were to far apart,confusion over club stand space(crap markings that no-one adhered to,food was expensive yet again(need a bloody mortgage). vantage point for spectators to get pics of the track action was abysmal,and some of the "models" (how on earth some of them get a job as that i will never know!) were minging(have they got any interest in the cars at all???)....

all in all a better show than 2006

should this be moved to FCS forum???

big hp
17-07-2007, 20:20
No its fine here paul as it was a club event :wink: