PDA

View Full Version : Gearbox mount has gone, can any1 identify which 1???

Patrick_g46
16-07-2007, 06:45
basically i was driving down the road and hit a nasty pot hole which caused 1 of my gearbox mounts to shatter, i got out of the car and found 2 pieces on the road. there were both parts of a circle, just 2 plain bits of shiny metal that matched together to form most of a circle. anyway when i drive the car now it still goes inot gear but say if i put it in first gear and pull away the gearstick moves all the way back as if it is in 2nd gear same with 3rd gear, it moves back to 4th position, also i pops out of 2nd after certain revs i think. reverse gear doesnt seem 2 be affected. im out of the uk at the moment and had no time 2 check it out be i left but was wondering if any1 could work out which mount it is from what iv said? i spoke to bass direct and seems 2 think it was the battery tray mount or something like that. any1 else got an idea?

mikeymikewakey
16-07-2007, 06:48
Sounds like the battery tray mount to me, does the car vibrate quite badly?

Mike

BristolSam16v
16-07-2007, 11:56
Yup sounds like what happened when my gearbox/battery tray mount snapped.

The mount holds the box up level with the engine, if it snaps your box hangs lower hence effecting the gearstick lever, getting into gears etc.

Worth sourcing the metal tray part 2nd hand as pointless paying renault £££ for a new 1 its only a bit of metal, the actual rubber mount (if thats fallen out 2) might as well buy a new one! Easy-ish to change.