PDA

View Full Version : FCS, how did your day go??

midlife
16-07-2007, 00:27
Hi peeps, I had a really good day today, I cant thank Northy enough for sorting me out with some tracktime. It made a nice change being on track in my 306 Rallye surrounded by Clios, who ever has the black Clio running on slicks, I made a little (read that as big) mistake trying to keep up with you round the bends, road tyres v's slicks = pillock in a tank slapping 306 !! I kept it on the black stuff & pointing in the right direction, just!
You guys & gals are a good bunch & your track etiquette was spot on !!!
I did not get to find out what happened to the two cars that got stranded on track, I hope:
a, no one was hurt
b, no damage
c, if any breakages they were fixed easily!!

If anyone has any in car footage that shows my car please PM me, I would gladly pay all your costs to send me a copy.
Cheers for a superb day !!!
Wayne.

jay s
16-07-2007, 01:05
ah i wondered who the 306 was, thought it might have been zollo. i was the first car to come off ( damn norty and that cup car in my mirror :twisted: :wink: ) not sure what happened, was probably carrying to much speed into the checain (sp) but damage was 2 broken mounts and a seized rad fan, all fixed now tho :D all in all a good day imo

midlife
16-07-2007, 01:44
Main thing is that its fixed !!
I saw people taking a lot of different lines thru that chicane, I was going thru it flat in 4th, I just straight lined it over the kerbs then forced it into 3rd and threw it right.
Bloody good day out =D>
Wayne

northy
16-07-2007, 07:39
Glad you enjoyed the tracktime Wayne - was a pleasure to have you out with us. Sorry the session was cut short.

I never saw you out on track - i started off at the back and only managed to get half way through the cars before we came in the pit lane.

Its a shame they couldnt have kept us trundling around behind the saftey car so we got experiance of the track.

I thought it was a great track - very slippy though.

Glad you have sorted yours out now Jay - i will watch and upload the footage asap.

Maz
16-07-2007, 08:43
What you saying sorry for Northy wasn't your car that came off :lol:

Best track session of the day, didnt feel pressured by anyone, thanks guys :D

bill.
16-07-2007, 09:51
not a very good day for me, car broke down on the way home :roll:

See

http://www.williamsclio.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=24207

i expected the venue to be a lot bigger, shame there wasn't 1/4 mile action, as to me 0-60 sprints are pretty much irrelevent, the track action looked very good though, wish my car had been right, then i would have been on, and no doubt the day would have been awesome, i would not travel that far again for it unless i have track time booked.

saw some nice valvers/hybrids/williams and cup cars, a few that really seemed to be flying round the track where, northys, is it cliorod? ( the white and blue cup car? ) a pink clio, blue wheels :shock:, the nana and a blue mk2 yozzasport, looked like you where having fun 8)

claire
16-07-2007, 10:28
I had a good time, so much better than last year. Dont knokw about anyone else but I thought it was still a bit chavy. Some of the cars were a bit vulgur- talking about them meganes next to us with all the speakers and tv's. I'm really surprised that they dont get broken into some of them.

At least there was alot more to do and see compared to last year.

:D :D

northy
16-07-2007, 10:33
that is unfortunatly the french car scene claire...they still had two wallies in saxos doing skids and handbrake turns on the club stand area - why no securty guards kicked them off i dont know.

Maz
16-07-2007, 11:10
I dont know how you put up with the music all day, was really quiet over at the Performance Renault stand where I was parked, glad really as my hangover couldn't have dealt with that all day :oops:

Clio-Girl
16-07-2007, 11:35
i had a really good day and a big thanks to northy for sorting us out with some tracktime its taught us some valuable lessons so big plans for the hybrid now!
and it did a whole weekend without breaking yippee!!!

northy
16-07-2007, 12:06
lol, the car did u well....keep looking after it 8)

talkingfish
16-07-2007, 12:09
Had a good day - good to meet some members from the board and look at their cars!!

Got some good ideas and pointers on how I can get mine looking mint....

Seemed to be two groups thou' - those just interested in track time and those interested in their Williams'..... :roll:

Shame the cars were parked so far from the track and stands....

If I came again would deffo want some tracktime.... there was not a single Williams on the track...... :shock: :shock:

bill.
16-07-2007, 12:54
think the white/blue cup car could have been summehs now? i saw a williams on track, saw it getting towed off the track aswell :roll: unless it was a valver with willy rims on!

northy
16-07-2007, 13:00
thats was jayS in his hybrid.

No williams's on track guys - but plenty that went better and stopped better :wink:

bill.
16-07-2007, 13:19
another casulty,what was up with it?

northy
16-07-2007, 13:26
he spun right in front of me at around 80mph onto the enfield....was a cracking sight to watch 8)

I have it on footage.

I think jays battery mount broke and he couldnt get back out on track.

nath
16-07-2007, 13:27
i had really good day, bit boring towards the end, thanks to the people that helped get dannys hybrid ready for the track. was an absolute laugh, dannys got the track bug now and i think we will both be buying some track time for cadwell (nearest track) in the future.
was nice to put some faces to names.

nathan

bill.
16-07-2007, 13:49
nothing to disastorous then, get the footage up :wink:

FATBOY
16-07-2007, 18:25
Hi peeps, I had a really good day today, I cant thank Northy enough for sorting me out with some tracktime. It made a nice change being on track in my 306 Rallye surrounded by Clios, who ever has the black Clio running on slicks, I made a little (read that as big) mistake trying to keep up with you round the bends, road tyres v's slicks = pillock in a tank slapping 306 !! I kept it on the black stuff & pointing in the right direction, just!
You guys & gals are a good bunch & your track etiquette was spot on !!!
I did not get to find out what happened to the two cars that got stranded on track, I hope:
a, no one was hurt
b, no damage
c, if any breakages they were fixed easily!!

If anyone has any in car footage that shows my car please PM me, I would gladly pay all your costs to send me a copy.
Cheers for a superb day !!!
Wayne.

black clio on slicks would have been richy...

twas a long day. wasnt happy with the q's to get in, club stands and the trade stands were to far apart,confusion over club stand space(crap markings that no-one adhered to,food was expensive yet again(need a bloody mortgage). vantage point for spectators to get pics of the track action was abysmal,and some of the "models" (how on earth some of them get a job as that i will never know!) were minging(have they got any interest in the cars at all???)....

all in all a better show than 2006

richy
16-07-2007, 18:40
hey midlife, it was me in the black valver on slicks, i had fun chasing you down, not sure if you saw it but not to long after i overtook you i got 2 wheel on the rumble strip and back end got abit twitchy lol just before the hairpin for the start/finish straight. :lol:

i agree about the chincane too, i could go straight over it flat out!!

summeh
16-07-2007, 22:03
is it cliorod? ( the white and blue cup car? )

Thats me, white clio cup with blue bumpers and wheels.

cliolord
16-07-2007, 23:18
Was a really good day and I was not expecting the name stickers on the back of the cars. That was a really nice finish to the track time northy, definitly got brownie points for that! The day was "Sick as 10!"

northy
17-07-2007, 07:47
no worries mate - im glad that everyone enjoyed the day

Tommo
17-07-2007, 13:10
I had a good day, thanks to Northy for organising the WC stand so well, it was definitely the best stand there! Good to meet a few of you too and put faces to names!

northy
17-07-2007, 13:27
nice to finally be able to say 'ive met tommo' sorry i could catch up with u to chat longer pal...was madness trying to get everyone parked.

Zollo
17-07-2007, 13:28
No williams's on track guys - but plenty that went better and stopped better :wink:

Seems the absence of the standard beast is already messing with people's memories. :wink:

Tommo
17-07-2007, 13:48
nice to finally be able to say 'ive met tommo' sorry i could catch up with u to chat longer pal...was madness trying to get everyone parked.

Ha no worries mate, could see you were mad busy! Sorry we got off early, we were all knackered from getting up at 3.30am!!

Yeah can't believe it's taken 2 1/2 yrs to finally meet you.....I'll defo have to try and get myself to more meets and get that Hillclimb pic you were talking about!

northy
17-07-2007, 15:18
dont get what u mean zollo sorry pal.

No worries tommo - the stand was near empty when we came back at 4pm

Zollo
17-07-2007, 15:47
Nothing went better and stopped better than my Williams.

... if you have to explain it, it's not funny. :oops:

northy
17-07-2007, 16:03
sorry mate, i didnt read it correctly.

:lol:

richy
17-07-2007, 18:49
LOL

i didnt have any problems with all these hybrids and i was running a 1.8 :wink:

bluenose
17-07-2007, 20:25
Yeah i thought it was quite a good day! I felt like i was going to drop off at lunch time! Some people did drop off but i wont post the pic after the uproar of the thong on the mirror pic! :lol:
Looks like the track time was a good crack 8)

big hp
17-07-2007, 22:56
Who fell asleep then??????

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

bluenose
18-07-2007, 12:30
:-k

ben306
18-07-2007, 16:45
gutted I couldnt get out with you guys. Next year I wont be cleaning the car like I did this year.

Think a few of the 6 lot (hopefully me included) are off to donny in october for a full day if theres any interest from you guys

FATBOY
18-07-2007, 18:01

we nearly got a pic but you awoke :wink:

big hp
18-07-2007, 18:04
My sixth sense kicking in :wink:

claire
18-07-2007, 22:17
me and andy had a power hour

midlife
19-07-2007, 00:54
hey midlife, it was me in the black valver on slicks, i had fun chasing you down, not sure if you saw it but not to long after i overtook you i got 2 wheel on the rumble strip and back end got abit twitchy lol just before the hairpin for the start/finish straight. :lol:

i agree about the chincane too, i could go straight over it flat out!!

I did exactly the same thing in the same place, tried a different line round the bend to carry a bit more speed to try & keep up with you, ran wide on the exit 2 wheels on the rumble strip then the car is going sideways down the track at 80+mph, I kept it on the black stuff though, I thought it would have given you a laugh as you were only about 20 yards infront of me at the time.

B)

richy
19-07-2007, 18:27
unfortantly i didnt see it lol, but if it was the lap after i overtook you then i did the same just before you did! bet the marshell stood just before the hairpin had a good look lol :lol:

bluenose
21-07-2007, 19:54

we nearly got a pic but you awoke :wink:

:lol: The one through the window came out quite well. I remember looking across at your paper and thinking 'bloody hell he's been on that page for ages!' Then a part of the paper fell out and the game was up :lol:

big hp
22-07-2007, 09:46
lol

FATBOY
22-07-2007, 10:51
he could have been studying the page 3 carefully????? but then again it was a sunday paper and keeleys boobies are not on view on a sunday!!! lol :wink:

Coops
22-07-2007, 10:58
had a good day, was shattered for most of it tho n pissed off my car wasnt 100% ready, would of loved to take up northy's offer of track time but alas the french crap decided it wasnt going to behave! :roll:

only popped over wc stand for a bit, had a quick chatter to Richy, Danny n Winston then went cruisin round to look at everything else! loved the way the stand was set up tho, good work! shame about all the poxy blue cars :P :wink: :wink: