PDA

View Full Version : Car wont start :(

Andyvalver
15-07-2007, 17:12
Right, basically it wont start and its been playin up over the past week. Fine in the dry but really doesnt like to work in the rain. Also, it generaly starts first time then dies instantly and wont start again :? I keep tryin to start it and it wont start at all, then maybe leave it a while and it starts enough for me to keep it running with foot on accelerator but if i let it idle it will die and not start again. I just went to get in it and go somewhere, it started, died and thats it lol. Cant get the ****er to start now and ive checked most things, wd-40 down the plug holes leads in the dizzy cap cleaned connection to the crank sensor (not at the crank though cuz i cant get it off) lol. If i manage to keep it running to full temp it runs fine, but it has to get pretty much up to tempreture, after that i can go somewhere and leave it for half hour and it will still start fine and run ok. :?

Any ideas? :D

MAXIBOY
15-07-2007, 18:12
either one of the temp sensors or the connections to it.

Andyvalver
15-07-2007, 18:28
Where abouts is the cts? Also, i thought there was only one temp sensor?

Cheers

Andyvalver
15-07-2007, 19:16
New info, took the lead off that goes from the coil to the dizzy and put a spark plug in it. Turned it over and got no spark :shock: .

So are we sayin tdc sensor or coil? :?

cheers

northy
16-07-2007, 08:13
do u have a spare of either to try ?

MAXIBOY
16-07-2007, 11:48
i,d guess at tdc sensor as they seem to fail more often but its only a guess

Andyvalver
16-07-2007, 15:55
Cheers guys. Nah, dont hava any spares. Bought a coil last years though when it was playin up and i was trying to find out what was wrong so doubt it will be that.

Ordered a tdc sensor, but it didnt come with gsf's delivery today so gotta wait and see if it comes tomorrow. Renault dont have one either, they told me 3 days and it was twice as expensive :x

Worst thing is, it might not be that but ive gotta wait nad see :cry:

Andyvalver
17-07-2007, 14:56
Right guys. I bought a tdc sensor form gsf. All was going well until i realised the connector is different and dont fit :x

The inner prongs look like they will fit but the plastic casing is all wrong, basically male to male connection. I rand renault and they can get me one but its 40 quid and he wouldnt tell me what end it had on.

Anyone got pics of there tdc sensors?

this is what i
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b146/Andyvalver/DSC00243.jpg

MAXIBOY
17-07-2007, 15:31
mines different to that. one male one female. older type connection.

Andyvalver
17-07-2007, 15:38
:x Cheers.

Guess ill have to try renault. It might not even be the problem though, thats whats annoying :cry:

Clio_GTT
17-07-2007, 17:01
looks like a renault 19 one mate, just splice it into the old plug, it's only 2 wires

MAXIBOY
17-07-2007, 17:10
i have a spare i think as i bought a new one from my local motor factors for 20 quid.