PDA

View Full Version : Valver at a Sprint

stevie_b
14-07-2007, 23:27
Filmed a few years ago now at Curborough sprint circuit, but I've only just worked out how to upload videos! Film of a valver winning Class A2 (std production < 2 litre). Took a bit of work to put together as it has several different camera angles :lol:

http://s83.photobucket.com/albums/j299/2stis/?action=view&current=full_curb-1.flv

northy
16-07-2007, 13:08
lol looks like your brakes are well decent !

Zollo
16-07-2007, 14:35
Nice mate. Some of the editing and grainy shots give it a retro feel! Liking the little moment toward the beginning too.

Doesn't sound like a standard production Valver. :P

seanofnp
16-07-2007, 14:36
Looked brill, loved that hard break on the straight hehe!

stevie_b
16-07-2007, 15:54
Yeah, never had too much problem with the standard brakes. :lol: Sprints are very short, about 2 minutes max so fade was never an issue. The plan for the car now is more for track days and the 'Ring so I've decided to invest in the Wilwood 4-pots.

Nice mate. Some of the editing and grainy shots give it a retro feel!

Hoho. It is retro now. That was the latest camera technology 5 years ago! I bought a little bullet cam in Hong Kong for twenty quid and stuck it to the roof/rear seat for those in car shots. I think the camera wasn't too bad but the only thing I could record it on was a laptop, hence the grainy shots and jerky sections as the PCs in those days couldn't really keep up.

Liking the little moment toward the beginning too.

Yes, that caught me a bit by surprise - the first corner turns 90 degrees left (the same one I lock up for to turn right into later, coming the other way) and I lifted off abruptly as I turned in to get the back coming round but it really snapped into oversteer quickly and you can see it needed a load of opposite lock to bring her back.

Doesn't sound like a standard production Valver. :P

It had an OMP exhaust on it and due to the dodgy welds they did around the centre silencer it blew from new :cry: Still, it did sound pretty good :lol:

summeh
20-07-2007, 00:57
nice vid... did Curborough a month or so ago ... proper go cart track that is. :wink:

northy
20-07-2007, 08:01
what time did u do pal ?

stevie_b
22-07-2007, 08:38
what time did u do pal ?

Despite having done a good half a dozen sprints there I can only find the results sheet for one of them! My best time on that one was 71.59, for the two lap course.