PDA

View Full Version : Overheating.......

talkingfish
14-07-2007, 11:44
My new Clio is overheating..... the cooling fan is not cutting in - hence it it getting a bit hot and bothered..... OK on the move though....

Is there a switch for the fan or a thermostat that commonly needs replacing....???

Any help would be apprciated before I bring her down to FCS tomoz....

MAXIBOY
14-07-2007, 11:58
on the side of the radiator then is the temp switch for the fan. remove the connection and bridge the contacts and see if the fan works

MattyH16valver
14-07-2007, 11:58
My new Clio is overheating..... the cooling fan is not cutting in - hence it it getting a bit hot and bothered..... OK on the move though....

Is there a switch for the fan or a thermostat that commonly needs replacing....???

Any help would be apprciated before I bring her down to FCS tomoz....

If it's the fan thats not cutting in then it will be the switch thats knackered....it's located on the left hand side of the radiator about half way down as you look ate it. From memory you may have to take the bumper off to get some proper leverage on it with a spanner. I would'nt drive around too hard untill you get it replaced though as if the cars overheating excessively then u may blow ur head gasket.

MAXIBOY
14-07-2007, 12:02
fan should only ever operate when stationary. should not be needed when moving at speeds of over ten miles per hour.

talkingfish
14-07-2007, 13:02
Thanx for your help - cleaned switch with WD40 and re-wired -now appears to be working fine..... 8) 8)

MAXIBOY
14-07-2007, 14:12
cool 8)

ollie16v
14-07-2007, 18:04
My fan motor was buggered when i bought my car, i fitted a replacement one along with a low temp fan switch and thermostat. The car never goes above half way, even in hot sunny weather! 8)