PDA

View Full Version : common problems

rossdj1983
13-07-2007, 18:48
hi all, only just joined hope the club is as good as it looks.

anyway im off to have a look at a willy 2 this sunday, was wondering, whats the usual things that go wrong? and what sort of oil presure should one be doing?

any help much appreciated :D

FATBOY
13-07-2007, 19:11
check for rot, arches are a common problem, when cam belt was last done, check steering for play(turn steering wheel from left to right with engine on, you should be able to feel the wheels turn stra8 away if column is in good nick,if not steering wheel will turn a fraction b4 wheels turn,its an easy fix if column has play(one weld), condition of speedlines? normally need refurbing(10+years old car would probs need doing)check for smoke,overall check that its been unmolested and in standard condition.... pressure wise? hmmmm im not the man to ask but theres plenty of other members with more knowledge than their leader lol!!!!

welcome to the site and enjoy your stay :D

MAXIBOY
13-07-2007, 19:59
as for oil pressure around 1 barish at tickover when warm.3 bar at higher revs when warm. check the front towers for signs of crash damage. otherwise there pretty good when looked after. also check gearbox and clutch etc as these can take a hard life on poorly driven/maintained cars.

talkingfish
13-07-2007, 20:50
change of clutch/gearbox, service history with cambelt changed when required, rust (especially arches)... I've just bought my second Williams - I had to look at 10 cars before I found one that I was happy with...

mikeymikewakey
13-07-2007, 21:18
leaking sunroofs, take a watering can with you and a brolly incase it does leak

Rob72
13-07-2007, 21:37
check the bottom of the doors for rust also the tailgate...