PDA

View Full Version : A couple of questions.

MAXIBOY
13-07-2007, 16:11
1.can you get the lower steering wheel shroud without the stereo slot in it.

2.can you get the lower plastic trim under the steering wheel where the bonnet is without the headlight adjusting switch cutout in it.

3. the infared receiver it it a renault only part. is it matched or coded to the key or needs to be coded. also are the keys bought then coded by renault s my spare is missing.

4. as above but how much.

5. how many people are running non standard/illegal plates and do you get stopped often

thanks maxiboy

MAXIBOY
13-07-2007, 16:36
6. if you fit the toad does it do away/upgrade/bypass the renault receiver or do i still need this as well.

cheers maxiboy

stan
13-07-2007, 16:44
your Renault immobiliser will be disabled anyway i would have thought, due to the Fastchip?

cant help on the others sorry!

arj256
13-07-2007, 16:52
1.can you get the lower steering wheel shroud without the stereo slot in it.

By stereo slot you mean remote control? if so yes you can.
You will need the upper as well though.

snowman
13-07-2007, 17:08
The infa red receiver by the sunroof controls is just a part,i put mine into my dads car(rt) and it works fine mate

Daz.
14-07-2007, 12:53
1. Yes - As said you need both top and bottom bits - I want one!

2. Yes - Look for manual adjusment lower spec clio's - I want one too!

3. Yes and Yes

4. Not a clue!

5. I'd like to know too - I want uk font but on pressed french plates - only half illegal then!

6. The renault fob will still unlock the doors but the toad takes over the immobiliser duties, when I had my ai606 installed I asked the very same question - its worth keeping the renault fob with you though its only happened once but I couldn't get the car to lock at a petrol station once because of radio traffic - the renault fob worked a treat but obviously didn't arm the car - which is what I wanted else I wouldn't have been able to drive off!

Bonus is you get two fobs, so any old cut key will suffice as a spare, plus you can get more toad fobs at a fraction of renaults prices 8)

MAXIBOY
14-07-2007, 14:11
cheers daz. so i,ll get new trim fix the renault key fob for doors and fit a new toad for immobilizer duties then buy a set of french plates and see if they stop me lots. [ then i,ll let you know]

Daz.
14-07-2007, 16:16
Just use the toad for lock duties too its soooo much easier and better, you can unlock the car from quite a fair distance instead of holding the key to the glass and praying it'll open lol

dan-hipgrave
14-07-2007, 17:41
5. how many people are running non standard/illegal plates and do you get stopped often

I am. Stopped twice. Both times was by the MOD police where i work, normal coppers dont care (at least the ones round here dont).

MAXIBOY
14-07-2007, 17:50
Just use the toad for lock duties too its soooo much easier and better, you can unlock the car from quite a fair distance instead of holding the key to the glass and praying it'll open lol

so when i get a toad i wont need to replace the renault infared sensor.

Justin..
14-07-2007, 20:18
2. Try a PH3 Mk1 Clio at a scrappy as they have electric adjustment and the adjuster might not be there ?

jay s
14-07-2007, 21:44
5. ive got a 3/4 size plate with a different font, not had any problems with it yet and have had it for around 7 months.

Daz.
15-07-2007, 13:18

so when i get a toad i wont need to replace the renault infared sensor.

No my sweetie pie - everything stays as is, the toad just takes over immobiliser duties and adds its little touches to it - Like I said you could ignore the toad completely if you wanted..