PDA

View Full Version : desperate for help,

NAPLES VALVER 123
11-07-2007, 20:01
As you probaly read my mates willy 2 isnt starting and hes desparate for your help, called the rac out they had a look around and they said oil in the sump is full of petrol. the dipstick was showing a much higher reading and you could smell it also the oil was very thin from being mixed with the petrol

For some reason the fuel is leaking into the sump

Theres a quarter of a tank despaired and my mate only tryed turning engine over.

Why and how is the petrol leaking into the sump.

The fuel pump primes then stops like normal but when hes turned it over and then switches of you can hear a noise in engine bay some where

we changed the oil and relay and the same happed and agin theres petrol getiing into the oil.

desperate for your help.

Bailey_1260
11-07-2007, 20:15
Worn rings im guessing although im sure someone will come and pwn me and tell me im wrong lol.

NAPLES VALVER 123
11-07-2007, 20:42
the thing is it was fine no smoke run like a dream. just changed the oil went to start it after and wouldnt start then noticed the petrol issue?

Purple
11-07-2007, 23:24
OK, the petrol in sump is a new one. Where's the noise coming from after you switch off the ignition?

You might also want to put up the post at clio-williams and clio16valver to get more eyeballs on the problem.

Bailey_1260
11-07-2007, 23:30
Dont want to get flamed but CS is a good place aswell, a few people on there who know their shit (Edde inparticular)

northy
12-07-2007, 08:02
i think i had this with 0171 when we first bought it.

It ran real rough but a oil change meant it wouldnt run at all....and there was fuel in the oil.

I was told headgasket but i fitted a replacement engine.

Sorry for the lack of help pal

Purple
12-07-2007, 08:18
I was discussing this with a beemer mechanic friend, he thinks the injector wiring may have been messed up during the oil change. Causing the injector to be activated even when the engine is off. Without engine ignition, the petrol just leaks past the piston rings into the sump. To confirm this, check if the sound you hear when engine is off is coming from the injectors.