PDA

View Full Version : how the....

titcharoony
10-07-2007, 16:00
well im still on thermostat n switch mission. thermo seemed easy, but the switch? haha no. getting bottom hose off. nightmare. getting rad out. nightmare. getting back on - nightmare easy. getting hose back on - easy. securing back on. nightmare. i think im going to kick in my williams' doors, someone please stop me. deep down i love it so.

MAXIBOY
10-07-2007, 16:05
now much sure you bleed it properly.

titcharoony
10-07-2007, 16:10
hey maxiboy, reached ur 3000 posts yet? Im not quite at bleeding stage yet, still trying to get the bottom hose secured on. the hose itself is on, but securing it with jubliee clip is proving impossible, so until thats done, everything else stays off.
As for bleeding, the guide on here says open up bleed screw as ur pouring the water/coolant mixuntil collant comes out, then tighten up and run with the expansion cap off until fan kicks in.
Seems a bit simple to me for bleeding. When i had my raider i recall all sorts of funny business involving holding the tank high, blowing into it and many other delightful things...

titcharoony
10-07-2007, 16:11
i just wish the bloody hose wud be ok as it is..with no jubliee clip. that....that wud be nice.

white16valver
10-07-2007, 16:31
Well I was going to change mine for jubilee clips but I might not bother now... lol

Where's the bleed screw by the way? Top of the radiator?

MAXIBOY
10-07-2007, 16:35
i always use 1/4 drive socket set with a 7mm socket to do the jubilee clips up. find it easier than a screw driver as long as you don,t over tighten them

titcharoony
10-07-2007, 16:47
ok ill try that tomorrow, giving up for today..tax to work tomorrow y'all... white 16ver...i personally wud change for jubliee clips, piece of piss compared to old rennie's opinion of a clip. Im just bitching and whining becuase my arms are cut to shreds and a 2hr job has taken me over a day....so yes, go for jubliee clips, if u have to take um off for a flush or what have you..you'll be thankful. However, if it comes to this again, its going to a garage, for the sake of a few bob...wud save shit loads of hasslehoff.

Amirclio
10-07-2007, 16:53
I positioned the jubilee clip so that it pointed out of the bumper. Then as Maxi says 7mm rachet and an extension!

titcharoony
10-07-2007, 18:37
ill try that tomorrow armiclio....ill let u all know when i stop crying and my knuckes stop bleeding. and, with luck...ill pop sum pics up of me car