PDA

View Full Version : Whatever next!

Jimbo5000
09-07-2007, 23:21
Hi All,

Was taking a leisurely drive home from work in my williams this evening (as my polo is off the road at the mo due to a doodgy water pump) and the bloody clutch cable decided to snap on me. Have to admit I think it wasnt quite right as it was starting to get a bit difficult to change gear. Hey ho, all part of the fun I guess :lol:

I have had a recommendation to make sure I get a genuine reno cable, is that advisable or will a GSF / EuroCarParts one be ok? Heard someone say once that they pulled one off that was shorter then the new reno one they were putting on... :?

Is there anything else that is recommended to be replaced while that is being done?

Does anyone know the part number for the cable?

Cheers

James

MAXIBOY
09-07-2007, 23:27
yes a geniune renault cable is advisable. also correctly routing it straight down and under the rack.

nothing else really unless the pedal ratchet is worn.

will look the part number up if no one comes up with it soon

Jimbo5000
09-07-2007, 23:35
cheers mate... off to reno tomorrow (again) then for me 8)

MattyH16valver
10-07-2007, 12:38
Definately get a genuine one....don't say u have'nt been warned! :lol:

Jimbo5000
10-07-2007, 18:25
Ok well order the reno one today, should be with me on Thurs.

Was just looking at the old receipts for my car, and it looks like that it had a new only one in december with a clutch pedal as well... that only 6 months ago!!! I baught the car in May.

It was a genuine reno one, and I have ordered the same part number R60 01 025 926.

Could this be a symptom of a problem, what could I check?

big hp
10-07-2007, 18:37
Prob not routed correctly. That will always cause them to suffer a premature death.