PDA

View Full Version : Motorsport sponsorship

grrljo
09-07-2007, 10:55
Hi Guys,

I don't know if any of you have heard of a company called Formula Woman, basically they aim to help get more women into motorsport. Every year they organise a competition where a group of women will be selected to race in what is called the Formula Woman Championship. This year about 2000 women entered and I am one of the talented (or very lucky?) 16 to be selected to race. Woohoo! We will be racing Caterhams with 1.6 K series Rover engines, they will be running on E85 biofuel and it is the only championship in the country which is solely for women! There are 8 races run over 4 weekends at Pembrey (Wales), Snetterton, Silverstone and Brands Hatch.
But as I'm sure most of you are very aware motorsport is a very expensive thing and unfortunately Formula Woman does not have the funds for us all to race for free so I therefore have to find sponsorship to fund my race. This championship will be televised on Sky Motors TV and I have already generated a lot of newspaper and radio coverage with more on the way, as you can see any potential sponsors would benefit a great deal.
So if any of you are are involved with a company that may be interested in getting involved in motorsport this way, or knows someone else that is please PM me and I can give you more information on whats involved. The amount I'd be interested in is not necessarily huge as every little helps. Also if you do want to learn more about the competition you can visit http://www.formulawoman.com or my website http://www.joannewaddington.co.uk or you could even come have a chat with me at the French Car Show on Sunday!

Cheers!

big hp
09-07-2007, 18:15
Excellent news. Hope you raise the money.

FATBOY
09-07-2007, 18:57
good luck with everything! and fingers crossed :D

northy
10-07-2007, 07:55
this is sexist - i want to race with u all :lol:

Clio-Girl
10-07-2007, 10:21
thats brill im really pleased for you!!

Zollo
10-07-2007, 10:31
thats brill im really pleased for you!!

:?

Clio-Girl
10-07-2007, 10:34
i wasnt being sarcastic its just nice to see women get into motorsport!!

Zollo
10-07-2007, 10:50
Oh right, I thought you were being sarcky! Soz! :oops: :P

Clio-Girl
10-07-2007, 10:59
ok dont worry! :D

grrljo
10-07-2007, 16:49
Thanks everyone! Did my ARDS race licence today, easy peasy! :wink: