PDA

View Full Version : Is the Williams all that?!

nath
07-07-2007, 10:18
Im Hoping so :lol:

Im in the process of rebuilding my soon to be hybrid, and gathering the parts for wide track. I going down the std suspension and bushes route for now but if its anything like as fun and envolving to drive as my ph1 172 then i'll be a happy man.
Ive always had clios, and my first car was a mk1 RL, so a year ago i bought a valver from a guy off here and started rebuilding it. The whole build is built around the ephasis of being fun and exciting to drive, something that I value over anything else. Ive always been impressed with the williams so though a hybrid was the way forward ;)

Im staying clear of coilovers for now, as im a firm believer that they can make the car more skitty and undrivable (even if setup correctly) than a std setup that reno spend £££££ reserching. Ive had and driven cars in the past that have been lowered or had a suspension kit on, my mk1 had spax adj's and it was like a go kart, but wasnt very nice to drive overall.

What are your views on the road handling of the willy compaired to say the valver or a 1*2, I hope its as good as everyone says 8)

nathan

just paid my membership too, wheres my speedline!?

FATBOY
07-07-2007, 11:20
here we go again!!! :lol: northy will upgrade your membership when hes next on

Purple
07-07-2007, 11:35
What are your views on the road handling of the willy compaired to say the valver or a 1*2, I hope its as good as everyone says 8)
IMO, it's the most fun you can have in a FWD car that does not try to kill you. Razor sharp handling, restless chassis and forgiving limits will bring out the hooligan in anyone :)

katbloke
07-07-2007, 13:49
Always strange that people that dont own a williams ask that same question, i own one and would say yes it is all that.

On a lighter note though im not overly elistist against the 16valvers, their age and rarety makes them all worth keeping.

katbloke
07-07-2007, 13:49
elistist= Elitist

Daz.
07-07-2007, 14:30
1. Yes they are all that

2. Williams is a much more old skool driving experience but far more rewarding that the 172 I drove - a 172 would be fantastic if no-one had heard of a williams :D

MatrixGuy
07-07-2007, 21:15
My Williams 2 is the 2nd car i have ever owned (the first one being a Ford KA, lol. :oops:)

I have only had the car just over a month but the driving exprience is just so good. I feel excited everytime i get in the car and sometimes i just go out for the hell of it, just so i can drive her, lol. :D

big hp
08-07-2007, 10:17
Yes it is. End of story :lol:

MattyH16valver
08-07-2007, 10:45
Can't believe this has been brought up again....if people opinion is that "the williams is not all that" then they should keep it to themselves really...this is a owners club full of enthusiast....so we would'nt be here if we did'nt think the car was any good. :lol:

Andy
08-07-2007, 11:17
track day yesterday

alot so called better cars were destroyed

are they worth it oh yes

nath
08-07-2007, 13:59
Can't believe this has been brought up again....if people opinion is that "the williams is not all that" then they should keep it to themselves really...this is a owners club full of enthusiast....so we would'nt be here if we did'nt think the car was any good. :lol:

Woooow, lol, it was said with tongue in cheek, I have a valver and ph1 172, I was only asking to see what views people had compaired to the others. Im widetracking my valver to williams spec, just making conversation really. :oops:

FATBOY
08-07-2007, 17:44

Woooow, lol, it was said with tongue in cheek, I have a valver and ph1 172, I was only asking to see what views people had compaired to the others. Im widetracking my valver to williams spec, just making conversation really. :oops:

lol!! no need to apologise mate! it is always a very if not heated debate when that subject comes up :lol:

Allan
09-07-2007, 00:06
i dont know if they are all that but they are very dam good !
After having a ride in a clio cup this weekend i can say they could be better ;)

MAXIBOY
09-07-2007, 00:13
valver,s are the way forward. :twisted:

Zollo
09-07-2007, 10:30
Yes, they are all that.

...Just not quite as oversteery as they could be. :P

white16valver
09-07-2007, 19:30
widetracked, modified valver,s are the way forward. :twisted:
:wink: :twisted: