PDA

View Full Version : Hey there!!!

breezerbill
03-07-2007, 01:37
Just wanted to say hello !!!

Bought a williams 3 about a month ago from a lad in leeds, and got the biggest shock of my life on the way to work at 5.30am, a nice refreshing cold shower when i went round a tight left hander, and the previous owner swore blind the sunroof didn't leak !!!

I've always fancied a williams so when i realised how cheap they are now i thought sod it, why not. Just hoping that i don't have any expensive/major problems.

Anyway i'm 28, married (2 months ago in the dominican republic), 3 kids, mortgaged up to the back fence and running an audi a4 tdi aswell with 195000 miles on her, still runs like a dream but looks like a mobile skip inside with the 3 little monsters.

Williams is in decent nick with 108000 miles on it, has had back arches painted at some point though, as when i bought it the "williams 3" stickers were missing from the back arches, i bought some off decalbox on ebay and put them straight on without checking the blue colour match first.......it's totally different the stand out like a sore thumb. Also bought a "2.0" badge from a forum member on here ( final abode ), just hope i get it and it is the right 1.

Anyway thats enough rambling from me, i will definatley post you all some pictures when i get chance to give her a good polish up and make her look presentable

Cheers.......................breezerbill :D :D :D

wavy
03-07-2007, 01:45
hello and http://img125.echo.cx/img125/8038/01welcome7jb.gif

breezerbill
03-07-2007, 02:00
forgot to say this is the first forum i've ever joined........and it seems like a proper nice site too

well done to all concerned !!!!!!!!!

MAXIBOY
03-07-2007, 02:09
hello and welcome

Zollo
03-07-2007, 09:09
Welcome mate. :)

Don't worry about the work done to the arches, as all but a very few Willies will have had work done by now.

The stickers from ebay are rubbish. Check this thread out -

http://www.williamsclio.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=23294

For the sunroof problem, you'll have to pay the club a fiver to gain access to the guides section, where you'll find a guide on how to fix your leaky sunroof problem. :wink:

FATBOY
03-07-2007, 17:10
Welcome mate. :)

Don't worry about the work done to the arches, as all but a very few Willies will have had work done by now.

The stickers from ebay are rubbish. Check this thread out -

http://www.williamsclio.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=23294

For the sunroof problem, you'll have to pay the club a fiver to gain access to the guides section, where you'll find a guide on how to fix your leaky sunroof problem. :wink:

its £7! and welcome to the site fella :D im in the process of getting a precise match sorted with the decals.

northy
03-07-2007, 17:34
hello and welcome

are you free next sunday ? we have a car show on the 15.07.07

Jamie.
03-07-2007, 20:01
Hello, welcome and congratulations.

Its a common fault with the williams regarding both the arches and the leaking sunroof.

Pm Northy as he does an excellent guide on silicone sealing the sunroof, fixes all the problems.... right Northy? :wink:

snowman
03-07-2007, 21:35
Welcome fella 8) :wink:

Ahmed Bayjoo
03-07-2007, 22:26
welcome mate :D

the badges are on their way, and they are the right ones i garauntee 8)

get sum pics up :thumbsup:

big hp
03-07-2007, 23:02
Welcome aboard.

breezerbill
03-07-2007, 23:38
cheers for making me feel welcome lads......(and lasses ???)

i've checked out that thread for the stickers, they do look pretty good, think i'll put my name down for a set, i also noticed some more on ebay on this thread ( although they do seem a bit pricey at £22 ), but look miles better than the cheap n nasties that i bought !!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Williams-Renault-Clio-Logos_W0QQitemZ270138275259QQihZ017QQcategoryZ1041 0QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

i pulled the roof lining down and had a good butchers at where the sunroof was leaking, seems like some renault forgot to fit some leak off tubes, anyway i spent 3 hours removing someones bodge attempt at siliconing the sunroof where it meets the roof, and resealed it with wickes finest kitchen and bathroom sealant ( a very acidic smell, seems like quality stuff ). sunroof is fine now, we've had some proper down poors aswell and i havn't had another cold shower yet.

can't do 15.7.07 northy, our lass is busy all day so i've got the kids, unless anybody fancies babysitting ??? :wink: :wink:

i quite fancy a decat pipe aswell, but would prefer a silenced 1 as the stainless exhaust is a bit noisy already, anybody got a second 1 for sale :?: :?: ...............also wondering whats peoples views on chips.........ie gunner chips etc??? good or not too good ??

need to do my cambelt too, is the water pump run by the cambelt or the aux belt??? might be worth renewing this at the same time if it runs off cambelt.......... i've been quoted £50 labour from a mate for him to do the cambelt,.......but i'm a hgv mechanic, so i'm not scared of an engine, i just really struggle to find time to do things with kids to occupy and shifts to do at work :? :?

anyway look at me rambing on again, all i wanted to say was thanx for making me feel welcome but nevermind...............cheers everyone !!! :lol: :lol:

MAXIBOY
03-07-2007, 23:50
water pump is run by the aux but easier to do at the same time for around 20quid in parts.

Coops
04-07-2007, 00:24
as maxiboy says, may as well if its not been done recently, easy enough to change the water pump if timing belt is being done aswell

HGV cam belt would be a doddle compared to the willy mate :lol:

nighmare things to do, distinct lack of space and lots of fiddly covers held on with torx bolts made from cheese around that area!

on the flipside, get stuck in, much more fun! :wink:

oh and hello and welcome