PDA

View Full Version : request for 'semi stripped' pics

stevie g
01-07-2007, 19:59
im thinking about a semi strip out for example a pair of nice an plain buckets maybe cobra monacos, and taking out rear seat and boot carpet etc. but leaving door cards and carpets in. any pics people have got would be a great help for my ideas thanks!!

Amirclio
02-07-2007, 14:51
I have done this in my hybrid. Took the rears, got standard front seats up front with a harness for me! (Dont want to upset the mrs!)
I'll get some pics up when i get a chance!
Amir

AndyFielder
02-07-2007, 15:17
i have done this, but kept the standard seats for now!

dan-hipgrave
02-07-2007, 16:55
Do it Steve - thats how it was when i owned it, no rear seats or carpet and i had that KTEC cage in the back..

Looked sweet as and the exhaust sounds much nicer - can hear every pop it makes 8)

stevie g
02-07-2007, 20:47
yeah prolly will when its fixed,
did you know dan you only had 2 bolts holdin the gearbox to the engine? and the ABS unit was hanging off and n/s ball joint was loose on wishbone and the front seats werent bolted in properly and the steering column was just floating around????? lol, all sorted now apart from the dead gearbox!! oh and the battery was ready to fall off :shock:

hows the gtir??

bill.
02-07-2007, 23:17
I have done this in my hybrid. Took the rears, got standard front seats up front with a harness for me! (Dont want to upset the mrs!)
Amir

thought standard seats and harnesses was unsafe from what i've read

dan-hipgrave
03-07-2007, 16:46
yeah prolly will when its fixed,
did you know dan you only had 2 bolts holdin the gearbox to the engine? and the ABS unit was hanging off and n/s ball joint was loose on wishbone and the front seats werent bolted in properly and the steering column was just floating around????? lol, all sorted now apart from the dead gearbox!! oh and the battery was ready to fall off :shock:

hows the gtir??

LOL deathtrap! I didnt know about the gearbox, ABS, ball joint, battery etc. Knew about the steering column - got an advisory about it on the last MOT. Have to admit that it was me who fitted the gearbox during hybrid conversion but i thought i used all my bolts up :lol:

Amirclio
03-07-2007, 19:55
Amir

No idea, it what way?

stevie g
03-07-2007, 22:18
Amir

No idea, it what way?

im not sure either??, ive seen many cars with standard seats and harnesses. i felt pretty safe and secure when i had a ride in one 2 :?:

AndyFielder
03-07-2007, 22:35
i think it pushes you into the seat more if you crash, due to the angles etc and the fact ur shoulders are higher than the seat back.

bill.
04-07-2007, 16:56
I'm afraid i cant bloody remember the reasons why :roll: , all i know is i used to have some harnesses which i fancied fitting to my recaro's in my cossie, so posted this suggestion up on passionford only to get told off numerous people that it was a bad idea and unsafe in the event of a crash, sorry i cant shed any more light on it, but i remember that the comments put me right off the idea!

stevie g
04-07-2007, 16:58
why did you sell the cossie bill?? nnoooooooooooo!! lol :P

bill.
04-07-2007, 17:19
dont ask, must have cost me about 7k in under 2 years, couldn't afford to run such a car tbh, melted a piston, got it right again, then big end bearings went, sold it as a non runner................ bag of shit imo, was a 2wd sapphire, with 420bhp, was fast as ****........................... once :roll:

should have bought a better one in the first place :roll:

stevie g
04-07-2007, 17:37
yeah they are very expensive!!, 420 bhp 2wd!! i bet it was an absolute fookin animal!! lol still a willy aint a sad car i spose :lol:

bill.
04-07-2007, 17:50
yeah they are very expensive!!, 420 bhp 2wd!! i bet it was an absolute fookin animal!! lol still a willy aint a sad car i spose :lol:

never really got too use it properly, due it breaking down, but i tell you what, i'm glad to be behind the wheel of a williams, FAR, FAR more fun!

been trying to find that thread on passionford, but it ain't happening, must have been removed as it was that long ago :roll:

stevie g
04-07-2007, 20:10
glad to hear it, im half way to a willy just a hybrid for me. but its broke at the mo :oops:

drsmith1979
05-07-2007, 15:23
speaking of harnesses and seatbelts, has anyone had any experience with those gadgets that are doing the rounds on cliosport which keep the bottom part of the belt tight? around £30 i think?

bill.
05-07-2007, 16:46
no, but i know what your on about, are they not having a group buy on them?

drsmith1979
05-07-2007, 17:01
yeah i think they are,

www.cg-lock.co.uk

seem like a nice alternative for those people who want a better restraint whilst keeping their interior and equipment standard.

think we need a guinea pig, northy get on it 8)