PDA

View Full Version : rolling road northwest

bill.
30-06-2007, 08:24
I fancy get the car on the rollers soon to see what its knocking out, then again after the pulleys and cams get fitted to see what gains i get, so has anybody got any suggestions as to where to take it, the closer to blackburn the better.

Was thinking about the place in bury, is it re performance or something?

Please nobody mention powerzone :roll:

The only way it would go there is if there was a group rolling road day, and the power figures would be took with a very large pinch of salt, thats if my car survived the run! :shock:

ps. would you get a power figure after a remap? or would you still have to get it on the rollers to see what its got?

cheers

FlamingMonkey
30-06-2007, 08:58
RE in Bury is good

bill.
30-06-2007, 09:20
thats one count for re, any more, good to get peoples thoughts and suggestions

stan
30-06-2007, 10:51
A mate of mine in Carlisle has a nice dyno set-up. Its discustingly accurate so none of the usual bump up bullshit figures.

Chris n`nic
30-06-2007, 11:15
Ate RE is pretty decent...power at the wheels only tho and they don't strap the cars down...just a couple of blocks lol

Chris

Daz.
30-06-2007, 11:28
Come round to mine I'll do it for ya 8)

bill.
30-06-2007, 11:35
A mate of mine in Carlisle has a nice dyno set-up. Its discustingly accurate so none of the usual bump up bulls**t figures.

a bit far a field really mate, trying to keep it as close as poss, probably stick with re by the sounds of it, thats hoping the car doesn't jump off the rollers after what chris n`nic says :shock:

bill.
30-06-2007, 11:37
Come round to mine I'll do it for ya 8)

suppose you'll want 40 quid aswell will ya? :shock:

bill.
30-06-2007, 11:44
ps. would you get a power figure after a remap? or would you still have to get it on the rollers to see what its got?

cheers

what about this bit anyone?

Andy
30-06-2007, 11:46
should show you gains so before and after

otherwise whats the point in spending money

bill.
01-07-2007, 08:53
wasn't sure if you got a power figure or if it was just set up/mapped using computers etc

nyk
01-07-2007, 10:20
Personally I wouldnt touch RE with a barge pole, they are numerous people I know who have been to Ken and come out with their car running in a worse condition.

Go to Rob @ Minisport, Padiham.

His rollers are more accurate and he actually knows what he is doing.

DaveH
01-07-2007, 12:35
I usually darent say anything bad against ken as he seems to have a good following on here but my opinion is that he is very very good with engines (machining work, boring etc) but the rollers are quite poor, my brother used to have a mk1 xr2 that ken bored out to 1700 and had a fancy head, cam and twin carbs etc on it and on the rollers ken said ooh its got ABOUT 100 hp atf :shock: Thats about 10 up on standard and the thing absolutely flew!

Just my opinion this was quite a while ago now so things might be different, anywho id be up for a rr day anywhere to either see my old engine off :x or see what my new engine will put out (depending on when it is that is)

bill.
01-07-2007, 15:30
Mmmm, now you've thrown a spanner in the works, I dont think i'll be going to minisport, only ever had problems with them on numerous occassions, even seen some big numpty cutting the arches off a nova gsi with an angle grinder to make some 17's fit, we looked on in horror as did the poor nova owner, also had random bhp figures given to myself and mates when on the rollers, seemed to be a case of Mmm, lets think of a number :roll:

not to mention them ****ing the fueling up on my 1.9 gti, anyway i'll shut up now before i get on one!

maybe they've changed now? but it was rob who did the rolling road back then, so................................

Daz.
01-07-2007, 18:06
just do it properly and get to hill power or something... it's only something you do once or twice so its not the end of the world travelling an extra few miles!

FlamingMonkey
01-07-2007, 18:25
Yeah I'd vote against minisport too, I had the Willy Rr'd there, got stupidly different figures to northy and had the same spec at the time, I asked him why it would be different as they were exactly the same on the road, he couldnt explain it, he offered to RR it again, and magically all my lost hp's returned, no problems with that though, it was just the guys personal skills were a bit lacking, and came across like he as doing us a favour by RR'ing our cars

RSTuning
01-07-2007, 18:32
Don't know if we are too far but we have just had a brand new dyno dynamics installed:

http://www.rstuning.co.uk/rollingroad.php

northy
02-07-2007, 07:37
i want to take the cup racer :twisted:

i would like to try chipwizzards this time.

DaveH
02-07-2007, 20:28
What about awesome gti as they have a fancy new premises and rolling road which i have been told is exceptional and very accurate due to working power out using deceleration (or some crazy sh*t like that!) Pug sport club had a day there earlier in the year so its not just dubs.

bill.
02-07-2007, 20:54
Don't know if we are too far but we have just had a brand new dyno dynamics installed:

http://www.rstuning.co.uk/rollingroad.php

thats the one mate, 48 miles away :D , i'll be in touch

simonr85
03-07-2007, 09:55
What about awesome gti as they have a fancy new premises and rolling road which i have been told is exceptional and very accurate due to working power out using deceleration (or some crazy sh*t like that!) Pug sport club had a day there earlier in the year so its not just dubs.

I was meant to be goin there with cruiseblackpool but they pulled out at last minute, sounds like they have a decent setup tho

nyk
03-07-2007, 10:04
Awesome GTi have an excellent reputation- I think Steve @ Portformance does work for them so maybe he can hook us up with a contact :lol: (Gaz, Northy!!)

If it was at awesome gti I'd be up for it.

:D

bill.
03-07-2007, 14:48
where are awesome gti based, and do they do remaping?

nyk
03-07-2007, 15:17
Irlam iirc

They do map VW's but you'd have to ask about anything else as I wouldnt know.

bill.
03-07-2007, 16:25
ok cheers, i'll enquire :D