PDA

View Full Version : engine wont start

dimma16v
29-06-2007, 15:33
hi need help whats happened is my car was working a few days ago but when i got home form work parked up for the night and then tryed to start the car the next day the engine turns but wont start so i check for spark that's ok and there was fuel going in so i cleaned the plug and try to start the car agian and there was a small bang like it was trying to start and little bit of smoke started to come out from the inlet manifold what would cause this (eg head or valve steam oil seals or valves).

northy
29-06-2007, 15:46
can u record the sound it makes when it tries to start ?

dimma16v
30-06-2007, 01:53
can u record the sound it makes when it tries to start ?

i try if i remember to take my camera with me but it wil be when i put the engine back together i started to take it apart to check it .

what are the chance of my cams sliping or the timing going off or the belt jumping a tooth when i tryed to start it i've got kent cams and kent pullys on the car.

dimma16v
30-06-2007, 02:15
anything else i need to check need to get car going as it's due it's MOT soon and i need it for FCS :(

Coops
30-06-2007, 02:19
u aint been messing with HT leads have u mate inbetween? i put mine on wrong way n did this, bang is fuel in exhaust from flooded chambers! just a thought!

summeh
30-06-2007, 02:29
You shouldn't be having smoke coming out of the inlet manifold!

That would indicate the valves are not closing properly... Slipped cambelt?