PDA

View Full Version : Count me out for FCS!!

NickFr
25-05-2005, 17:09
Truly ****ed off, took my car back for its re-test as it failed its emissions test.....de-cat removed and new cat fitted....and guess what still failed!!

I had asked the garage that fitted the Cat to check the Lambda sensor and replace if necessary, however..he thought it was OK!!

MOT place believes it is possibly the Lamda + there is a split in the exhaust at the back....to top it all off it failed on the front springs....the twat before me shortened the springs with a hack saw :roll: also the fuel lines have been butchered and need replacing+ rear wheel has slight bump in it.

I simply don't have the money to be sorting all this out indeed I can't get it booked into anywhere until next week...I was due to pick up two front springs and shocks off Matt at the FCS.

Sorry guys, but like Fatboy, I am on the bones of my arse....although I am starting a new well paid job soon and the house should sell this summer.

I am truly truly gutted, was really looking forward to meeting you all, but it would be financial lunacy to come to Blighty and find something else has fallen off....over the course of the summer I am going to have to invest some serious money into this little car....in the meanwhile I hope you all have a really great time :wink:

Regards

Nick

J o n
25-05-2005, 17:13
shit the bed! :shock:

gutted mate, was really looking forward to meeting all the new faces and club member's ive been talking to behind a screen for so long too :cry:

well, if you cant come here, I think we should come to you, a WC trip to France would be awesome and i've not been camping for a long time!

Rich
25-05-2005, 17:13
boooooooo! feck that come over a bit earlier and get your MOT done over here! ;) get your srings off mat and jobs a good one! do it you know it makes sense :D

Enid
25-05-2005, 17:17
No way!! Can't you just come over without the car to meet us all anyway?? Can't believe your bad luck mate.

Enid
25-05-2005, 17:19
shit the bed! :shock:

gutted mate, was really looking forward to meeting all the new faces and club member's ive been talking to behind a screen for so long too :cry:

well, if you cant come here, I think we should come to you, a WC trip to France would be awesome and i've not been camping for a long time!

I'm off first week of August we could go then plus its my birthday then. Whose up for Enids birthday trip to france?

J o n
25-05-2005, 17:21
i reckon I could actually have saved some money by then... but may not being going in a Williams around that time... :lol:

NickFr
25-05-2005, 17:28
I had been crossing my fingers all Month, hoping that all would be well but having shelled out over £1300 in the last 3 months....just can't stretch to it.

I will get over sooner rather than later and one of the other guys has asked me to get some details together ref a trip to France, but been really busy. My new job will probably mean doing something this year won't be possible :cry:

Anyway don't want to piss on the parade, I am sure that the WilliamsClio stand will be a great success and I will deffo be over next year. TBH I have had to fund a very messy divorce and putting food on the table has to be the priority at the moment...thanks for all your kind words it makes being part of this forum something special!!

J o n
25-05-2005, 17:31
well dont lose heart mate, we've all been through the car raping me financially thing in one way or another... I can deffo empathise with you there! lol

there will be some more events over the year anyway, failing that, like I said a few of us would love to drive over to France, taking the car to it's place of origin is a must as well for me! lol

Enid
25-05-2005, 17:32
I'm welling up here Nick, things will work themselves out. Just think what you'll be able to do to your willy with all that dosh from your new job. WHEN you come over next year to FCS I expect it to be the mintist Williams ever lol.

J o n
25-05-2005, 17:34
in regards to Rich's suggestion can you MOT the car here and take it over, or are they emission laws stricter over there? one way I know it will pass is on throttle bodies, as Mehdi's made 350cfm with a decat and bodies! AV THAT, well impressed with that!

NickFr
25-05-2005, 17:52
No its french registered and as such requires a french MOT which lasts 2 years, the law is deffo stricter here, but I live in france and have a french driving licence which is required when you have lived here for over 1 year.

Plus there is no margin for error...if gearbox fails or clutch goes bingo, I am fooked....to be sure the future's bright, the futures ORANGE

Due in court soon to screw the ****er who sold me the Car, then that money can get re-invested :)

Winston
25-05-2005, 18:22
No way!!! :shock:

FATBOY
25-05-2005, 18:57
unlucky mate and i fully understand! shame tho i was looking forward to you shoving them speedlines up my arse :wink:

NickFr
25-05-2005, 19:00
unlucky mate and i fully understand! shame tho i was looking forward to you shoving them speedlines up my arse :wink:

How true, but it was the getting them back that truly worried me :oops:

KingStromba
25-05-2005, 19:02
EASY JET

northy
25-05-2005, 19:09
sorry to hear this nick....you were going to be the pride of our stand.

If you want anything shipping over to you please let me know.

And if your wanting to come over on your own (I have a spare seat in my car) i can pick u up from Leeds&Bradford, livepool or manchester airport.

RiCh

NickFr
25-05-2005, 19:20
Cheers mate but have already shelled out for the Ferry and as I stated earlier the priority is to spend the money on getting the car back on the road.

I will continue to post my inane posts and will soon send the fiver for the club sticker....I will deffo come over next year in a Williams that won't let its owner or France down :wink:

I am going to liase with Matt to check on the possibility and costs of sending at least the front springs over here....TBH, whatever is the cheapest......Many thanks for the offer however....look forward to the pics and vids 8)

GazTwo
25-05-2005, 20:48
Bummer mate, sorry to hear u can't make it...hope everthing gets sorted at court and your quids in to get the car sorted.

As u say mate always next year when u will have a more reliable trip.... :D

Martin
25-05-2005, 20:58
Boo, real shame you can't make it fella....

MatBrown
25-05-2005, 23:24
Sorry to hear this mate, hope to see you soon.

Mat.

summeh
26-05-2005, 03:23
Real shame mate, was looking forward to meeting you. Im sure though that will be many more opportunities in the near future.

2 live
26-05-2005, 09:12
boooooooooo

jus replied to the other thread lol.same as northy lol.if u can get on a cheap plane mate i have a spare seat

and def up for the trip to france hehe

Irish Nut
26-05-2005, 13:10
No way......it's a shame you can't make it dude. Hope you get it all sorted soon mate.

j3ned
26-05-2005, 14:38
What i do is when i do an emissions test on a de-cat car i reverse the courtesy car up to the tester and stick the probe in the courtesy car back box - works every time

J o n
26-05-2005, 15:04
What i do is when i do an emissions test on a de-cat car i reverse the courtesy car up to the tester and stick the probe in the courtesy car back box - works every time

:lol: Matt, i'll ge my next MOT of you mate! Pain in the arse taking the decat off and having it put back on again!