PDA

View Full Version : Scammonden Hill Climb.

cliorod
24-06-2007, 13:11
As most of you know,I'm the chairman of a local motor club,and each year we run a hillclimb at Scammonden Dam,Nr Huddersfield ~~ Junction 23 M62.Always on the lookout for people to get involved ~~ Marshalling,start line duties etc etc ~ :lol: :wink: :lol: Or if your interested even competing ~~ We run classes for everything,from standard Production cars :cry: to full house racers :twisted: :evil: :twisted: .

It is on SUNDAY 19th AUGUST ~~ Starts from about 08:00 :oops: :oops: .
Hope to see a few of you there :wink: :wink:
Rod

Ps,To the moderators,please feel fit to put this where you deem it to be ~~ sorry If it is in the incorrect section :oops: :cry: :oops:

Tommo
24-06-2007, 14:07
Rod

I'm interested in this, what do I need to do to compete, I believe I will need a National B race license, be a member of a local motor club etc.

How are the cars scrutineered on the day, ie what is classed as road and modified?

Got any info you can send to help me get set up?

Thanks
Col

stevie_b
24-06-2007, 14:50
If you are interested in competing you will find some useful info in the thread:

http://www.williamsclio.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14258

There's also a bit more, with photos of timing struts, etc. in the thread:

http://www.williamsclio.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14215

If you have any other questions post them up here and I'm sure Rod or I will do our best to come back with an answer for you.

Tommo
24-06-2007, 14:57
Thanks mate

cliorod
24-06-2007, 16:27
Tommo.
If you send me your email,or send me one pdmc@clara.co.uk.I will send you the regs.
If you go on MSN at all,I will gladly talk you through the bits and pieces,basically a standard Willy/Clio,runs in Standard Production cars class2 over 1400cc upto 2000cc.So long as it looks reasonable,ie not TB's poking out,the scrutineers are very good ~~~ for example,I have NEVER known 'em check the ecu's for being chipped etc :wink: :wink: Joining a club aint a problem ours is £12,send of for your license on the day ~~overalls are needed as is a crash helmet.
Hope this helps
Rodders.

northy
25-06-2007, 08:03
Im intrested.

Can you ring me please rod.

Dan_mk1
25-06-2007, 10:54
D'oh, im on holiday for this. Would have liked to marshalled....

cliorod
14-08-2007, 22:05
Hi Everyone.
I have just brought this to the top again.

The event is on !!!! :lol: :twisted: :lol: Albeit we have only recieved 22 enties :cry: :oops: :cry:
We are short of marshalls as ever :oops: :oops: and would welcome any offers of assistance.
The gates will be open from 08:30am :shock: :shock: ,with practice/timed runs commencing from 10:00.Due to the low entry I have not been able to procure a "Burger/Butty" van ~~ so if you intend to come and help out,please bring plenty of grub/drink etc ~~~ and warm waterproof clothing..
Anyone wanting a start in Motorsport,make your presence known,and I will gladly spend time chatting about it ~~ Likewise our two scrutineers Jack & Rob ~ will steer you down the correct path to avoid expensive mistakes :shock: :shock:
I think "2 live",had an entertaining time talking with them earklier on the year.
Once again,please contact me via pm or email pdmc@clara.co.uk
Regards
Rod :wink: :wink: