PDA

View Full Version : is the vaver diff the same as willy diff???

stevie g
20-06-2007, 18:39
hi all,
running a jc5 box and the circlip in the diff has recently blown out and damaged diff, does anyone know if i can wack a valver diff in???
cheers

moggs
21-06-2007, 18:06
I would also like to know this as the diff in my megane box is whinning.

Sorry to jump on the thread!! :oops:

cliokongen
21-06-2007, 19:11
Hmm... same design - think only gearing is different.
You need a JB3 053 which has the same number off teeth as the JC5 014 (Willi) and JC5 053 (Megane). Should fit... :-)
Other versions from 19 16v will also fit.

Are you sure you cant fit a new circlip?
This can be done with the box still in the car.
Has the edge of the diff itself been damaged?

Michael

stevie g
22-06-2007, 09:21
Hmm... same design - think only gearing is different.
You need a JB3 053 which has the same number off teeth as the JC5 014 (Willi) and JC5 053 (Megane). Should fit... :-)
Other versions from 19 16v will also fit.

Are you sure you cant fit a new circlip?
This can be done with the box still in the car.
Has the edge of the diff itself been damaged?

Michael

cheers micheal,
yeah the diff is damaged quite a bit and there is not much meat left for the circlip to hold in nice an firm. ive been thinkin of running a seem weld around after fitting a new clip, would this be bad? ive been told it will just blow other side of box out but surley it take alot more abuse to do that??? any advice would be apprieciated.

Steve

cliopete
22-06-2007, 11:54
The JC5 box has taper roller bearings in place of ball bearings on the JB boxes so not sure about interchangeablity of diff parts. Also the latest JC 5 boxes (ie new exchange boxes from Renault) have the sunwheel/tripod housing retained by a plate bolted to the crown wheel instead of the dreaded circlip method. Don't know if this helps you?

stevie g
22-06-2007, 14:50
yeah cheers, ill just try and see what happens, are the latest jc5 in 17/82's?