PDA

View Full Version : Accelerator cable, clutch cable and a question

NAPLES VALVER 123
16-06-2007, 19:41
First of all what route does the clutch cable go, does it go under the g.box mount or over the top of the bit thats bolted onto the g.box?

When fitting the accelerator cable is there a way to find out what notch to put the clip onto?

ive got the engine in and attached the passengers side driveshaft when i turn the shaft (as if wheels are spinning)should it move so much then stop as if its in gear or move freely both ways mines moveing freely both ways :?

hope you can help

thanks

MAXIBOY
16-06-2007, 20:38
clutch cable goes out straight down under steering rack up across chassis leg clips and over the gearbox mount.

i think the clips adjust the pedal height so you need to decide.

should move freely if not in gear

NAPLES VALVER 123
17-06-2007, 20:12
ok, if it was to turn and it spins both ways if its in gear what would be the problem?

MAXIBOY
17-06-2007, 21:08
depends. are both wheels on the ground. as from what i can remember if its in gear the engine should the engine should turn also.

NAPLES VALVER 123
17-06-2007, 21:14
no its on axle stands both sides and only the passengers side drive shaft is connected. when you spin it by hand you can hear transmission moving and also turns the other side where drivers drive shaft connects too.

The gearlinkage isnt fitted so i tryed putting it in gear by moving the bit on g.box sounds like it went into a gear but dont know which one?

thanks for your help

MAXIBOY
17-06-2007, 21:16
yeah that sounds normal then with both wheels up. will still do that in or out of gear.

NAPLES VALVER 123
17-06-2007, 21:19
thanks for that.

for a minute there i thougt it was going to have to come back out :)

thanks again mate

MAXIBOY
17-06-2007, 21:29
lets hope not :shock: