PDA

View Full Version : engine dies (misfires)

fixxer
13-06-2007, 17:23
Hi, i have a problem with my clio. When the engine is HOT my engine stops at 3000-4000 rpm when i push the throttle. If i push it slow at 1/8 the car is running ok but when i push the pedal more the engine stops. Then i take off the throttle and the engine starts again. I'm monitoring the engine at my XRD display. There are rpms, the injectors are open, no knock correction and etc. Everything looks fine. There is no oil near the spark cables. The distributor cap is also ok. The cables are fine. New crankshaft positioin sensor (first thought that it was the problem due to an oil leak, but I stopped the leak and changed alot of them and the problem still persist). Also all earth connections are ok. Any solutions ?

Thanks in advance

Laine_16v
13-06-2007, 17:24
Try and get your hands on another ECU.

fixxer
13-06-2007, 17:33
In fact my ecu seems to be okay. There is another hint. When i drive at cold engine everything is ok. When the engine get hot the problem is there again. When i drive some time at hot engine with 80 km/h (about 5-6 min) and I push the throttle to the floor its ok again and then if i stop on a semaphore for 2-3 min for example i have the problem again

lee-8ballauto
13-06-2007, 17:50
i had same problem it turned out to be water on the plugs, had filled up in the holes where they sit

fixxer
13-06-2007, 17:51
There is no oil or water around the plugs