PDA

View Full Version : FSE power boost valve.....

Amirclio
13-06-2007, 09:06
Hi everyone,

Got the hybrid back last night and attached the ever so much needed mapped ecu. Would seem its not fuelling right, at first it was over fuelling after adjusting the silly power boost valve its now under fuelling. Im struggling to get the air and fuel mixture right.
I thinking to attach a standard fuel pressure regulator and see if this cures it then have a play with the throttle body to get it right.

Symptoms are,
Bad idle and cutting out when dipping clutch
Hold back upon putting foot down (didnt do this before playing with the boost valve)

Am i right in saying that these valves are a bag of shite?

Cheers
Amir

Amirclio
13-06-2007, 09:06
Sorry about the double post, can someone delete one.
Cheers

MAXIBOY
13-06-2007, 09:14
i think they just need to be set up right as the turbo cars including mine all seam to run them. i have had no problems. they do a job of increasing the fuel rail pressure. so if your car needs increased pressure they are good. why not phone nick and see if he fitted it. if he did then its safe to say it does. if it was fitted afterwards by someone who didn,t no what he was doing maybe it doesn,t require the extra line pressure.

Amirclio
13-06-2007, 09:22
I guess thats the next step. As you know its an N/A engine, and people running similar setup dont have one as far as im aware.
Cheers MaxiBoy

any other input?

u33db
13-06-2007, 12:39
Take it off

Smudger
13-06-2007, 13:57
i agree take it off

Coops
13-06-2007, 18:33
take it off mate, 3.0 bar from the o/e rail shud be fine! but send me pics of how its plumbed in first as i need to add one to mine! :lol: :wink: