PDA

View Full Version : ***URGENT*** FAO all those wanting brake kits at FCS******

Mark_Ritchspeed
24-05-2005, 20:01
This is rather embarressing, but we have had a supply problem this week. We have been given the wrong size Dynalite calipers, which now means we only have enough for 3 kits at FCS. These are what we have off the shelf.

The calipers we have received today are the wrong specification. We are doing our utmost to get the proper calipers in before the weekend, but its very likely we wont receive them in time.

What I am asking is for 3 people who made the orders for FCS if they can wait another 2 weeks maximum before receiving their kits. I have promised Edde a set today (by phone) as his current ones are completely screwed.

We will keep the price the same (£340) for all those who have confirmed they want a set in the previous thread and will post them out FOR FREE. We do have all the discs in though so can bring those to FCS which will save us a few pennies on postage.

Sorry for any incovenience this will have caused those involved. If the following people can let me know wether they can wait another 2 weeks, it will be much appreciated:

Richy
Clean16v
MatBrown
2Live
Northy

At the end of the day, though I really do need 3 people to state that they can wait another week or two as we wont have enough to supply all 6 this weekend. Also wether you want the discs

Please accept our apologies for this. :oops:

northy
24-05-2005, 20:55
I can wait mark, its not a problem.

Will also give me a chance to ask you some more questions.

Are the calipers designed to run on standard sized disks ? Or can we go up a size on disk ?

Hope you get it all sorted out with the suppliers mate.

RiCh

richy
24-05-2005, 22:10
i can wait mark, its not a problem, me cars not going anywere anyways!

also will pick the discs up at fcs still if thats ok

cheers richy :)

KingStromba
24-05-2005, 22:11

Are the calipers designed to run on standard sized disks ? Or can we go up a size on disk ?

RiCh

Northy, what parts are still original on yours now pal? :wink:

FlamingMonkey
25-05-2005, 09:12

RiCh

Northy, what parts are still original on yours now pal? :wink:

lol

2 live
25-05-2005, 09:17
i can wait a couple weeks mate..not gunna have time to fit em for a couple weeks anyway lol

dannyt
25-05-2005, 12:32
not a problem Mark, I can wait too!!! :shock:

Northy, can't believe your making another change!!!lol

northy
25-05-2005, 12:37
its all stuff which will help the car guys. Anyone who has been on meets will know how poor my brakes are.

And if i ever sell...they can be taken off easily enough.

2 live
25-05-2005, 13:59
u thought urs were bad...u ever driven jesus'?? lol :shock:

Mark_Ritchspeed
25-05-2005, 20:15
Thanks for being so understanding. The situation will be resolved within 2 weeks max and will be business as normal again.

So who is still wanting their kits at FCS?

clean16v
25-05-2005, 23:06
I can wait mark, in fact i may not be able to make it to FCS, so if i do and you have a set, i´ll have them, if not i can wait.
Mehdi (from gran Canaria :wink: )

MatBrown
25-05-2005, 23:29
I'm in no rush either but i suppose someone has to take them off you at FCS. 8)

Mat.

summeh
26-05-2005, 03:30
hehe, so no one is in a rush then ;)

richy
26-05-2005, 18:22
lol well if everyone else isnt bothered ill pick a set up at fcs!

Mark_Ritchspeed
26-05-2005, 19:32
OK, so MatBrown and Richy are having them at FCS. Edde is having his fitted tomorrow afternoon and will be all bedded in by FCS.

I do need to know how many people are wanting the discs as well. I think MatBrown and Richy both want discs. What about everyone else?

richy
26-05-2005, 19:39
yup i defiantly wants discs to :)

northy
26-05-2005, 22:41
ive just bought some rear Tarox sport japan disks (i know you dont rate them mark, but sorry i bought them before i knew about the richspeed views) so id like the fronts to match.....but are front disks bigger than standard ???? Can the wilwood caliper handle bigger disks......Bigger is better.

I could also do with trying the really bitey pads at fcs (to compair to normal pads with the kit)....my brakes are soo poor i need all the help i can get.

Northy - Calipers, hoses, racing pads, and tarrox disks if u can get the fronts to match the rear, oh and i want a bigger disk than standard :wink:.

MatBrown
26-05-2005, 22:41
Me too.

Mat.

Mark_Ritchspeed
26-05-2005, 22:53
If I get any track time, your welcome to come out and see how good the brakes are with the Poly A pads in. In my experience the Poly A's are the best track pad available.

Bigger disks wont be too much of a problem (although a little more expensive), but I assume this is just for aesthetics, as you wont get them to brake any harder than they currently do? You would need to be running a seriously wide heavy duty slick tyres to even approach any levels of fade with the Poly A pads and even then I would expect the tyre to go off before the brakes. I havent managed it ever, even with slicks.

Out of curiosity are the Tarox discs multi-grooved i.e more than 6 slots?

northy
26-05-2005, 23:01
These are the disks i have for the rears http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/images/sport_japan_discs.gif

and im after the fronts to match.

But if i can go bigger than i'll have some of that. Ive no idea what the datasheet wilwood has that states the largest disk i can use...so if u could find out mark....

Poly A pads....class.

Mark_Ritchspeed
26-05-2005, 23:06
If you put those on the front with Poly A pads and go on track, they will probably crack the first day of use. Drilled discs are by far the worst on the market, I dont even particularly like slotted discs although 6 or 8 is generally not too bad.

northy
26-05-2005, 23:09
:( Flaps....oh well

Can u do me some larger 'Group N' grooved disks for the front then mark as part of the kit. As big as i can go that suit the poly a pads and calipers please mate.

The rears will be fine with those disks on as they will never see the work the fronts will have.

Sooo oooo looking forward to having some decent stoppers...

Mark_Ritchspeed
26-05-2005, 23:16
We'll have a chat about it at FCS.

Jamie.
26-05-2005, 23:22
mark ive pm'd u but was wondering where from wales u are coming and what route to fcs u are taking as i live in north wales.