PDA

View Full Version : Gear Selector Adjustment

steveo
10-06-2007, 22:07
Fitted my rebuilt Valver engine with a recon box, but i cannot get 5th and also reverse goes in without the need to lift the stick. I take it that it just needs adjusting? Anyone done this before and got any useful tips of how to do it??
Cheers

alex_e3
10-06-2007, 22:37
Done this with my old 19 valver.

Dunno where the adjuster is on the clio valver, but it was above the exhaust just under the gearstick on my old 19.

I'm afraid i had to just do it trial and error until i got it perfect. The adjust will adjust for both length, and rotation. Sounds like the rotation on yours is out mate.

MAXIBOY
10-06-2007, 22:48
there is a renault tool that holds the lever in the right position.

NAPLES VALVER 123
10-06-2007, 23:11
so if its been disconnected are you screwed? is it hard to get it right :? :x

MAXIBOY
10-06-2007, 23:23
no but it can take an age to get right. for future reference it better to undo the linkage from the bottom of the box were there is one bolt with no adjustment to consider.

Dancliovalver
10-06-2007, 23:32
i know someone who took the selector off in the wrong place, he found it easier just to buy another selector from a breaker (in this case mat brown) fitted it and worked perfect from there on :lol:

steveo
11-06-2007, 18:12
I did undo it via the one bolt not the adjusting sleeve clamp, but hey still playing up. I'll get there in the end 8)

cliokiz
11-06-2007, 18:55
I took mine off by undoing the nut holding it onto the little rod connected to the gearbox, which i now know is the incorrect way.

Lucky for me, mine was a c*nt to get off, so i used a hammer and screwdriver, which left a mark showing where the gear selector rod from the stick went up to, so when i put it back on i lined it up with that mark and it all worked thank god! lol