PDA

View Full Version : Brake bias valve

cliokiz
10-06-2007, 15:57
My car has recently failed it's MOT and one of the reasons for this is that the bias valve under the rear of the car has seized.

I got the 2 nuts off yesterday and took the bolt out from the 'flap', and got some WD40 and penetrating oil on there and worked it backwards and forwards for a while and now it's movable by hand, but my question is, shouldn't this flap be sprung loaded? I can just move it to any position i want and it will stay there.

It was seized up as far down as it would go as the rear has been lowered, and it had never been adjusted, so the flap was just constantly being pulled closed. So, i've put it back together and put the nuts back on the threaded bolt, but the flap just stays as far down as it will go and from what i can see it will never move from there as it's not sprung loaded.

The spring that hooks up to the rear beam looks like it's designed to pull it, so shouldn't the flap the pulling the other way?

I just don't understand how it works, and i'm worried i need a new one if it's fooked!

Suggestions?

drsmith1979
10-06-2007, 18:41
what car is it? if its a willy 3 i have a brand new one sat at home you can buy

cliokiz
10-06-2007, 18:45
It's a valver shell with a williams engine.

How much for the brand new one?

katbloke
10-06-2007, 20:27

Id be interested in a new bias valve are they the same as willy2s or are they different coz of abs?

1fast6
11-06-2007, 09:44

Id be interested in a new bias valve are they the same as willy2s or are they different coz of abs?

different cos of abs