PDA

View Full Version : Clutch Problem *Again*

Bonkerz
09-06-2007, 16:21
Hi Guys

Not posted on here for a bit but when i do its always cus i got a weird problem! :?

Anyway story so far:- About a year ago i had strange things happening with my clutch, When the car got hot i could not get any gears. I had the cable, pedal and clutch changed (in that order) and the problem went away!

Ive been out today and its started doing it again. How can this be happening after only 1 year ?

Has anyone else had this happen ?
Im desperate for a solution, Im almost out of love for my willy :wink:

Jamie.
09-06-2007, 16:28
When mine gets hot it sometimes becomes more difficult to put into gear, which i always put down to the gear linkage as i originally had some problems with it when i initally got the car. The bit where the linkage goes into the box the rubber insert had come off and a friend of mine did something to it which seemed to sort it.

Bit of a vauge description but thats all i remember now.

Chris H
09-06-2007, 16:35
does it have the heatshields on the bulkhead?

Bonkerz
09-06-2007, 16:42
When mine gets hot it sometimes becomes more difficult to put into gear, which i always put down to the gear linkage as i originally had some problems with it when i initally got the car. The bit where the linkage goes into the box the rubber insert had come off and a friend of mine did something to it which seemed to sort it.

Bit of a vauge description but thats all i remember now.

Thats something to try, Thanks very much

Bonkerz
09-06-2007, 16:44
does it have the heatshields on the bulkhead?

It is in a bad way resting on top of my manifold. So NO

busterhymes
09-06-2007, 18:54
had clutch cable go on me so replaced then had probs with selecting reverse when hot and got to point where selecting any gear was a nightmare so new clutch pedal fitted things improved but still prob when hot but not so serious. spoke to mat brown and he mentioned selecting first before reverse this also helped but guess your prob is more serious finally dropped gearbox oil and got correct weight oil in and cured my prob i have also replaced my manifold heat shield as mine was shagged hope this helps a bit :) :)

cliokiz
09-06-2007, 20:02
If you haven't got a decent manifold heathsheild that will contribute, as the cable passes near to the manifold, so that'll be heating up the cable and making it a nightmare to select gears.

Sort the manifold and you might find the problem will go away!

Bonkerz
09-06-2007, 23:04
Been meaning to get a new heat sheild for ages. so will give that a go. I will get the gearbox oil done too.

any more ideas are welcome cus i will try everything and anything before putting in another clutch!!!