PDA

View Full Version : Electric windows

simonr85
07-06-2007, 13:51
Hi im not sure if its just mine as i aint been in another williams yet but somethin that really annoys me is that the drivers window is auto (ie.1 click to go down and 1 to go up) yet the passenger window you have to hold it down for it to go all way down.

Can i make both of them go down auto using parts from another driver side mechanism on the passenger side?

if that makes sense

AndyFielder
07-06-2007, 13:57
same on all... i want auto too :D

time to crack out the relays!

cliokiz
07-06-2007, 14:17
There's no difference between the motors or the way the mechanism works between the passengers side and the drivers side door, the only difference is the switch and the wiring.

All you'd need to do is swap the loom in the passenger door for a loom from a drivers door, and get a switch, and it *might* work, but only if the auto switch is on the passenger side. I'm not sure if the auto switch would work from the drivers side as well, that might need some more wiring.

I've got a drivers door loom in the garage and actually thought about trying this out the other day, so i'll have to give it a blast and let you know what happens! I've got spare switches and stuff so you never know..

simonr85
07-06-2007, 14:36
cheers, let us know if it works ta!!!!