PDA

View Full Version : 1250 Mile Round trip

NickFr
24-05-2005, 14:46
I recently had to drive my Willy right across France and back in two days, just thought I would let you know a little of my experiences.

To remind you all it is a 1995 Williams 2, its current mileage is questionable due to the previous owners " clocking " but is on or around 150,000 miles....some service history...green induction kit, rev limiter raised to 7200 and some sort of chip and re-map - de-cat and OMP exhaust. Original engine, clutch, gearbox.

Filled her with fuel and mobil 1 5w 40 oil and off I went, apart from a bit of A roads mainly using autoroutes....settle down at a cruising speed of 85mph. After 3 hours listening to music from Snow patrol to Frank Sinatra I stop for a leak...seats are well comfortable and supportive and I feel fresh as a daisy.

Car exhaust is very loud....but in 5th its nicely muted and not to bad on the old ears....its very warm outside but the oil temp is sitting under 100, keeping a close eye on it given recent posts about " What oil to use "

6 hours later decide to give the car a bit of a blast.....take her up to 200Kph about 125mph, oil temp about 100 and feels really comfortable, this car really is amazing everyone stares at it...note earlier post about is the Williams Chav with gold wheels....well all I receive are smiles and waves.

Suddenly I look in the rear Mirror and there is a BMW 1 series flashing me to move over....as you will all know mine is debadged well nearly some dickhead put the Williams badge on the wrong side! I move over and decide to have a bit of fun, he is 1/4 of a mile away, but bit of throttle and I am back with him....played with him for over 20 miles...no wonder that CLIO means history in greek...because it will go down as one of the greats.. on every level this car is better...I felt proud to be driving this car including going past him at over 240Kph or 150Mph!!

I had various little moments like this but won't bore you....this little car has it all...10 years on, and little touches it for sheer pleasure....by the way oil temp never went past 105...so whats the prob with fully synthetic in a car with high miles??

The trip back was even better, these are the best seats I have ever sat in...maybe Saab and Volvo are as good?..fast, handles fantastic...exclusive....and all mine....worth every F*****G penny :wink:

KingStromba
24-05-2005, 14:48
:D

northy
24-05-2005, 15:25
heehee thats a normal car meet for us Nick.

CArnt wait to see my 1st french williams.....enjoy the drive to blighty.

Martin
24-05-2005, 18:42
:D 150mph :shock: :twisted: 8)

NickFr
24-05-2005, 19:01
:D 150mph :shock: :twisted: 8)

To old to bullshit, however it went off the clock, how accurate the clock is??, I have not got cams or anything and I really don't know anything about the chip or ECU but this car is quick!!

Buggered around doing my own 0-60 test with the GF doing the timing and was getting under 6 secs, I believe this to be bollocks but just over 6 seems possible?

Martin
24-05-2005, 19:22
I don't doubt you fella....must be a quick un to get up there though..my old williams stopped pulling at 147/148. Needed bit of an incline to go quicker..
I timed my williams when it was near standard just under 6secs to 60 with a stopwatch...it ain't accurate at all! But with you being able to do 60 in second I reckon mid 6s is acheivable maybe lower.. :)