PDA

View Full Version : BMW 330 CI

Tommo
24-05-2005, 13:17
Raced with one of these on the way home from work on the M56 last night - nice black convertible 330 CI. Nothing in it at all TBH, and we were both trying. Hit the 7100rpm limiter in 2nd, 3rd and 4th and I over took at about 120mph as he eased off. He then accelerated behind me for another go and I kept him there till I came off at my junction. I think he only let me overtake to see WTF I was driving, don't think he could believe an old Clio could go that fast.... :)

Martin
24-05-2005, 19:46
You must have a quick un fella...I had one of my best ever races against a 330ci ages back in my williams. He was two up me on my own ....leaving town onto a fast a road I go slow to see if he's up for it and he immediatley overtakes so nail it and follow him round a fast sweeper and down a long straight from 40-125 he pulls a just over a car length..slow to 95 for a sweeping corner and I start to close him down and I'm easing off round the second and third fast corners.
Another fast sweeper and I have loads more momentum than him at 100mph so I pull out to overtake..slowly creeping past him but by 120 he's evened it out and on the next corner he eases off to let me back in...mad!

lagerlout1
24-05-2005, 20:08
Must be a quick ****er..... 330ci's are fast cars... 8)

Zollo
25-05-2005, 00:10
Could have been an auto? Those boxes slow them down quite a lot...

Zollo
25-05-2005, 00:15
And it being a convertible will peg it back a bit. Gotta be 70kgs or so more?

Still, I know my Willy wouldn't be that quick :oops:

J o n
25-05-2005, 08:39
Last summer my mate had a do against one of these in his CTR, that was also a convertible and the CTR leathered it... I mean it really leathered it... wasn't even close.

Tommo
25-05-2005, 10:22
Last summer my mate had a do against one of these in his CTR, that was also a convertible and the CTR leathered it... I mean it really leathered it... wasn't even close.

I suppose it's down to the driver really. I think I must have a quickun cos I've raced 2 CTR's and beat one (on a sweeping bend) and kept up with the other, seriously nothing in it, although we slowed down at about 100mph cos we both saw a police car up ahead. I've also given a FRS a good run and he had to resort to undertaking traffic to beat me!! It will be interesting to see on the way to the FCS (although I've got a feeling Martins car will hand me my ass on a plate!!) :wink:

Martin
25-05-2005, 21:24
Hopefully :D :wink: ....whats been done to your then Tommo it sounds like a quick un'!?

PS My car is only fast in straight lines...it'll fall over as soon as it gets to a corner...bring on avos/willy track!

Tommo
26-05-2005, 13:20
It's got a few mods Martin, kent cams, fully ported cylinder head, remapped ECU, LSD, koni susp., devil cup zorst...

Mine's the opposite, it's the way it corners which really amazes me, insane handling!!!!!

lagerlout1
26-05-2005, 16:29
ahhh...modded..... makes more sense now. Thought you were on about standard v's standard.

having said that.. cams, zorst, ECU, ported head aren't seemingly classed as mods. On this site your allowed to describe your car as 'near standard'. :wink:

Tommo
26-05-2005, 16:56
I think Strombas is the only standard willy left...... :)

Martin
26-05-2005, 17:23
It's got a few mods Martin, kent cams, fully ported cylinder head, remapped ECU, LSD, koni susp., devil cup zorst...

Mine's the opposite, it's the way it corners which really amazes me, insane handling!!!!!

Sounds like it should be up there with the quickest then..you never thought to 1/4 mile it?

Swervin_Mervin
26-05-2005, 17:27
I've had a few dos with these. Last one I was 2 up he was 1 up and I stayed with him to a ton.

I suspect most of the one's I've had a dabble with are autos, as I had a do with one once him 2 up me 1up and he was virtually ramming the back of me. 'Til we hit the roundabouts :twisted:

KingStromba
26-05-2005, 18:02
I dont waste my petrol

Jabba the...
26-05-2005, 20:44
i cained one of these in my 172 not sure if it was an auto but he never bothered racing after that :lol:

KingStromba
26-05-2005, 22:09
Perhaps he thought your car was a 1.2?

Jabba the...
26-05-2005, 22:15
LOL im sure he sees 1.2s flying past him all day long, sayin that it was de badged with no japanese snow plow bolted on, standard alloys etc so its possible :wink: anyway im sure hes wiser now.

Tommo
27-05-2005, 14:50

Sounds like it should be up there with the quickest then..you never thought to 1/4 mile it?

Might have a go at this at the FCS. Was driving home last night and it seemed super fast, seems to get quicker every time I drive her!!! Be good to compare it to some other fast williams on Sunday....

Tommo
27-05-2005, 15:03
Doesn't look like there is a 1/4 mile track, I might have a go at the 0-60. Anyone else doing this??