PDA

View Full Version : location of...

AndyFielder
02-06-2007, 23:50
I had an ABS test today, stomped on the breaks at 40.. rear slid round and the wheels locked up.

You lot say ABS kicks in too early, i had nothing, definite skidding. I need to know the location of all the different ways you mite disable the abs as its not working at all.

I thought the light mite be on because a sensor is broken, but if its just 1 sensor then shouldnt the other wheels work?

Andy

MatBrown
03-06-2007, 01:22
No, if the light is on, the system is disabled.

Mat.

Crossers
03-06-2007, 01:27
Pull the fuse out, that disables it.

Paul

Crossers
03-06-2007, 01:29
Ment also to say that you need to make sure all the teeth/sensors on the hubs are free from dirt. Strictly speaking it shouldn't make any difference, but it did on my ABS'd RSi.

Paul

AndyFielder
03-06-2007, 09:02
no....

the light IS on, so it is disabled

If you were to remove the fuse etc, is it just the one under the passengers foot well?

richy
03-06-2007, 11:11
Ment also to say that you need to make sure all the teeth/sensors on the hubs are free from dirt. Strictly speaking it shouldn't make any difference, but it did on my ABS'd RSi.

Paul

it will make a difference as the air gap must be correct for them to work, thats providing none of the rings are broken/missing teeth etc

and as mat said if the lights on the system wont work,

rob16v
03-06-2007, 12:39
if the rears ar coming round could it be the compensator valve overbraking at the back?