PDA

View Full Version : Oil Pressure and Aux dials

Robb
30-05-2007, 14:12
Hi,

My oil pressure dial works but my oil temp doesnt and i think these both run off the same sensor? Does anyone know the sender size as my dad has tools needed to fit and read the pressure, however he needs to know the size first as he cant bring all the attachments needed.

Also how would i go about earthing the dial to see if it's buggered? The oil pressure works very slightly and raises 2 little notches. My oil temp doesnt not work at all.

Thanks

Coops
30-05-2007, 14:29
temp and level are the same sender in the front of the engien bliock, next to where the dipstick tube goes it, thats a 19mm spanner

oil pressure is a seperate sender on the back drivers side of the block next to exhaust manifold

Robb
30-05-2007, 14:47
Yeh i know where they are i thought the temp and level sender were the same but my dad said otherwise :lol: ah well.

So its more than likely a bad dial with the oil temp?

Just need to know the size of the sender to record the pressure readings.

Coops
30-05-2007, 15:16
not a clue bout pressure sender, never touched one they have always been okay for me

oil temp can give up the ghost n level still work and vice versa. get hold of a spare set of dials u know work n try that, failing that could be knackered sender unit which will need changing. or even failing that could be wiring fault. in fact thinkin bout it u sure the connection multiplug for that sender is firmly connecte? mine used to come loose and stop reading level

Robb
30-05-2007, 15:22
Nope will be checking it all tomorrow, thanks for all of that though