PDA

View Full Version : Help a girly please

ziggymini
30-05-2007, 12:01
Right Willy would not start yesterday so my mate came round & I had no spark & he found the crankcase sensor thing had a bad connection/switch thingy. Unplugged it & plugged it in again & he started straight away. I was so excited I started him a couple of times & off again.
Tried to start him today & he wont catch & stinks of fuel...is he flooded where I did not run him yesterday? Checked the sensor switch but that is ok.
HELP ....

Jaine

MAXIBOY
30-05-2007, 12:04
if its not sparking it will smell of fuel as it will flood. need to check its sparking again first.

Purple
30-05-2007, 12:15
Is the fuel pump priming (whirring noise) when you turn the ignition key to accessory position?

ziggymini
30-05-2007, 14:53
Yes it is whirring. Still wont start even though I have left it for a few hours. Fed up now so going to eat chocolate & watch sad films instead. :cry:

Jaine

schakal
30-05-2007, 15:07
Yes it is whirring. Still wont start even though I have left it for a few hours. Fed up now so going to eat chocolate & watch sad films instead. :cry:

Jaine

check your main earth connections jaine
especially the one that goes from the gearbox
to the passenger leg ,you are likely to
find out it is cooroded to death and not letting the
car start up .

Wobba
30-05-2007, 15:47
Hmm, if an engine is flooded...assuming there are not other probs, u can try flooring the throttle pedal and turning the engine over for a bit....used to work on my scooby when I left it standing for ages and the fuel had flooded.

ziggymini
30-05-2007, 18:29
Well it seems to be the coil lead was all corroded & when we cleaned it he started up. Gonna get him leads & stuff anyway as all looks a bit old to be honest, will have to see if he starts in the morning.
Thanks chaps