PDA

View Full Version : Opinions please

Totti
26-05-2007, 17:36
Right, I have been looking at some cars over the last couple of days. I drove a 172 cup yesterday and was actually quite impressed with it. I went to look at a 182 today. I was just wondering what you guys think of these cars?

I have also been looking at some Trophy's...would it be worth spending the extra money on one?

Cheers

ollie16v
26-05-2007, 19:06
Trophy is suppose to be fantastic but i couldnt justify 10.5k + for a clio a 197 will be that in 12 months!

If i had to have one i would probably go for a 182 cup. Has all the toys and looks and there some around the 7.5-8k mark now.

Hope the willy is still treating you well :wink:

Totti
26-05-2007, 19:59
Yeah I thought that the trophy is a lot of money at the moment and I just dont know if its worth the extra money. I went to a Renault Dealer today and I was looking at a 197....im still not sure on them.

The Williams is still treating me well and is not going anywhere!

richy
26-05-2007, 20:08
i recently bought a 182 with cup pack, cost me £7900 and i love it, nice to have a car with all the toys(leather/cruise control/climate control etc ) and still have a quick car, still have my williams and 16v at the moment

i looked at the clio trophys but i couldnt justify spending 10k+ on a car the same age which is almost the same!

i didnt buy the 182 for all out performance or to trackday it etc, just wanted a nice comfy car which is has the power there for when i need it, not just a crappy 1.2!

mikeymikewakey
26-05-2007, 20:15
i recently bought a 182 with cup pack, cost me £7900 and i love it, nice to have a car with all the toys(leather/cruise control/climate control etc ) and still have a quick car, still have my williams and 16v at the moment

i looked at the clio trophys but i couldnt justify spending 10k+ on a car the same age which is almost the same!

i didnt buy the 182 for all out performance or to trackday it etc, just wanted a nice comfy car which is has the power there for when i need it, not just a crappy 1.2!

Anyone would think you like clios or something? As if....

:-D

Mike

Gav
27-05-2007, 00:34

agreed

I have my valver for fun, i brought the 172 for a bit more reliablity and comfort on the motorways.
I dont see the point of a cup/trophey unless you want to track it, and tbh you can have a full fat 172 air con, leather, etc etc for example 7k, or a cup with all the nice stuff ripped out and just a tad lower for 8k??!! crazy - renault saw those coming who brought one.

imo cup and trophey are not justified by the price, get a 17/182 FF, cheaper option and still a v nice, quick(ish) car :)

or you can be really sensible and not but a renault :)

FATBOY
27-05-2007, 03:00

agreed

I have my valver for fun, i brought the 172 for a bit more reliablity and comfort on the motorways.
I dont see the point of a cup/trophey unless you want to track it, and tbh you can have a full fat 172 air con, leather, etc etc for example 7k, or a cup with all the nice stuff ripped out and just a tad lower for 8k??!! crazy - renault saw those coming who brought one.

imo cup and trophey are not justified by the price, get a 17/182 FF, cheaper option and still a v nice, quick(ish) car :)

or you can be really sensible and not but a renault :)

basically! gav minced out! he loves cliosport really! :wink: if im gonna get a new sports car im gonna opt for the scooby and not a new pissy renault!

MatBrown
27-05-2007, 03:01

Err, the 172 cup's were cheaper when brand new.

Mat.

FATBOY
27-05-2007, 03:02

Err, the 172 cup's were cheaper when brand new.

Mat.

still shit!!!!

MatBrown
27-05-2007, 03:04
Nah, i enjoyed mine.

Mat.

drsmith1979
27-05-2007, 04:56
i second matt, i loved my 172 cup, it was a great play thing... just lacks the herritage of the williams for me.

big hp
29-05-2007, 07:31
I'm waiting for my tax rebate then i'm getting either a 4x4 cossie or clio cup, only new clio i'd consider TBH.

Williams, cup, trophy = Drivers cars IMO.

Zollo
29-05-2007, 09:06
I'd get a 182 FF with the Cup pack. In black. 8)

Fusionrs
29-05-2007, 16:39
The newer clios are great fun, but id say the original valver/williams is the better drivers car.

After driving my own 172, and a mates cup and another mates 182 i wouldnt say theres much difference IMO.

Personally id get a 172 in white............

....oh ,I have a 172 in white :D:D: