PDA

View Full Version : inlet manifold difference

NAPLES VALVER 123
22-05-2007, 18:04
is there different ones?

Ive got a polished one from a 94 valver which i was going to put on the 95 willy engine. when i looked at them i noticed there different on the side theres two vacum hoses unlike the one hose on the valver one.

also on the bit nearest the engine block theres different pipes?

so are they different or can they still be fitted are the pipes different?

Also i noticed that the water pipes are differnt on the valver theres one hose going in towards the oil filter but on the willy engine theres two?

will the valver pipes not fit onto the williams?

any help

Laine_16v
22-05-2007, 18:11
Williams and valver inlet manifolds are the same.

Your valver one must be an R19 item?

snowman
22-05-2007, 18:12
If the main pipe that goes to the airbox is bent downwards its valver/williams,if it goes straight across its a 19

NAPLES VALVER 123
22-05-2007, 18:41
there bent down on both of them.

it looks as if there are the ame amount of houses to manifold but in different places?

MatBrown
22-05-2007, 19:40
there bent down on both of them.

it looks as if there are the ame amount of houses to manifold but in different places?

Yes, there are a couple of slight differences in the clio ones.
Should fit fine tho.

Mat.

Coops
22-05-2007, 20:12
only difference in clio ones i've ever noticed is the small diameter vac connections for charcoal canister and that, but few extra bits of tubing n problem solved!

19 is totaly different casting, wont fit with airbox in a valver bay

NAPLES VALVER 123
22-05-2007, 20:28
so the one ive got should fit fine just got move pipes around a bit?

Coops
22-05-2007, 20:37
i'd say so yes, pop a pic up to be sure, but if it looks the same casting, as in the bit where the i/k or airbox bolts to is in the same place and theres a feed from the top for the ISCV same as the one on the car then laffin

richy
22-05-2007, 21:59
yeah as pointed out there is a couple of differences in the clio manifolds, one of mine the vacuum feed outlet is on the side not the middle like on my williams!

NAPLES VALVER 123
23-05-2007, 17:25
here are the pictures, this one is what ive took of the williams and isnt the one that is going on
below where there is the one vac pipe theres two,
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v721/shanehandley/pipe1.jpg
on this one where it shows two pipes the one ive got as one
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v721/shanehandley/pipe.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v721/shanehandley/DSC00399.jpg

so it look as if there the same just pipes in different places?

any pictures of which vacuum pipe goes where would be a great help :idea: :)

Coops
23-05-2007, 18:53
that'll be fine mate, its easy then the way round u have it aswell, the feed thats moved is for the charcoal canister and you have the long pipe to reach the middle of the inlet correct?

well follow that pipe back to its origin and you should find its split and connected with a little plastic connector, just remove the excess pipe and join it to the new connection on the end of the inlet, job done 8) failing the pre made split, just chop it down to fit!

dan-hipgrave
23-05-2007, 19:20
I had the same problem when doing my hybrid conversion - did exactly as Coops said, jobs a goodun :wink:

Also i noticed that the water pipes are differnt on the valver theres one hose going in towards the oil filter but on the willy engine theres two?

will the valver pipes not fit onto the williams?

On the Williams there is an oil cooler in between the oil filter and the engine block, thats where the water pipes will be going. Again i had this problem when converting my valver, so left the oil cooler alone and used the valver pipes - they do work on a Williams engine, you just cant use the oil cooler.