PDA

View Full Version : Soft pedal conversion

NAPLES VALVER 123
20-05-2007, 23:07
i was talking to a mate and he mentioned using parts of a volvo to make the clutch softer.

What parts are these and is it a big job?

What are the results like does it make it better?

The engine is currently out the car and ive fitted a uprated clutch?

whats involvoled?guides?

thanks 8)

BristolSam16v
21-05-2007, 00:20
Do a search :p need to fit a longer clutch fork so obv box has to be off, and some other things I think can't remember thou?

u33db
21-05-2007, 12:19
The guide is on www.retro-renault.com

NAPLES VALVER 123
21-05-2007, 21:45
i had a look on the website and ordered the parts :) so is it basically the arm thats changed?

Does anyone have any pictures?

Jamie.
21-05-2007, 22:23
more hassle than its worth imo, can you not deal with it as it is?

NAPLES VALVER 123
21-05-2007, 22:35
:lol:

yeah i havnt got a problem with it but the misses moans about and dont want to drive it :roll: ... hold on a minute thats a good thing :D

ill be running a uprated r5 clutch, what will it be like with a standard clutch pedal? any harder than standard? :?

thanks agian 8)

NAPLES VALVER 123
21-05-2007, 22:42
:lol:

yeah i havnt got a problem with it but the misses moans about and dont want to drive it :roll: ... hold on a minute thats a good thing :D

ill be running a uprated r5 clutch, what will it be like with a standard clutch pedal? any harder than standard?

cliokiz
22-05-2007, 07:44
I've got an uprated r5 clutch on mine with a soft pedal conversion using 172 parts.

Be prepared for a very high biting point, but other than that it feels very solid and no harder than a standard clutch using the standard arm, which is a good thing.

Also, a lot of people have reported the uprated r5 clutches being very on/off, but mine isn't like that with the soft pedal conversion.

I wouldn't recommend using 172 parts as i've had quite a few problems with mine and still havent got it working right...

NAPLES VALVER 123
22-05-2007, 13:30
I've got an uprated r5 clutch on mine with a soft pedal conversion using 172 parts.

Be prepared for a very high biting point, but other than that it feels very solid and no harder than a standard clutch using the standard arm, which is a good thing.

Also, a lot of people have reported the uprated r5 clutches being very on/off, but mine isn't like that with the soft pedal conversion.

I wouldn't recommend using 172 parts as i've had quite a few problems with mine and still havent got it working right...

so along with the arm what else has as to be changed? :?: