PDA

View Full Version : Engine whirring noise coming through my radio!

Patrick_g46
19-05-2007, 17:57
When i have my radio on with the engine running there is a flikering noise in the background that increases with revs, if i turn my engine off the noise goes! im sure some1 on here had the same problem before. any ideas???

cliolord
19-05-2007, 18:26
Correct me if im wrong but sounds like the alternator rectifier. Try feeding a new earth to the back of your stereo. Is it a standard stereo or have you got amps and all sorts running aswell? If that doesnt work I would guess its the rectifier on the back of the alternator but once again, dont quote me on this

Patrick_g46
19-05-2007, 18:36
Correct me if im wrong but sounds like the alternator rectifier. Try feeding a new earth to the back of your stereo. Is it a standard stereo or have you got amps and all sorts running aswell? If that doesnt work I would guess its the rectifier on the back of the alternator but once again, dont quote me on this

its a pioneer stero but im not running any other audio stuff, the alternator is only 2 months old so i doubt its this, but just incase what is it im checking?

AndyFielder
19-05-2007, 19:12
mine does this, i have 2 amps tho... only does it for a bit till you go over a bump and its gone again!

BristolSam16v
19-05-2007, 19:36
Yup I occasionally get this as well, got no amps and a alpine H/u

Lisa-F16
20-05-2007, 18:40
My housemate had this ish in her saxo ... a high pitched whining type noise on the stereo and increasing with the revs... turned out my ex who fitted her stereo routed the wiring from the amps wrong and once it was rewired the noise went...

Tho none of that prolly helped at all lol :lol:

MAXIBOY
20-05-2007, 21:28
fit an inline suppressor on the power cable.

finlay
23-05-2007, 11:02
mine does this, i have 2 amps tho... only does it for a bit till you go over a bump and its gone again!
yup i had this prob, turn the gain down on the amps

AndyFielder
23-05-2007, 11:12
there not full wack atm.

They just draw alot of current me thinks..

peak 2400W..

Bailey_1260
23-05-2007, 22:05
fit an inline suppressor on the power cable.

Sounds like feedback to me supressor should sort it although thought they had one anyway.

cliolord
02-06-2007, 17:43
If you have a problem with running amps with the feedback whine....Try running your RCA cable down 1 side of the car and the Power cable down the otherside. If this is already the case, try a Line drive and turn your gain on the amp right down. I have a line Driver for sale :P