PDA

View Full Version : I've Bought a Stolen Car!

Mattie
17-05-2007, 21:47
I purchased my car 2 years ago next month....

Yesterday i get a call from my local CID who advised me of the following.....

Legally my car is stollen! :shock:

the guy i bought the car from worked at a local car garage and he had sold me the car as his own ie i paid him for the car.....

the car had actually been part X in to the garage and belonged to them!

CID informed me he had been at this for some time with quite a few cars!

Luckily the car garage do NOT want any of the cars back, they just want this guy sent down. CID are coming round tomorrow to take a statement from me.....

could not believe it!....2 years on and they contact me now!!!

Just hope i do get to keep the car and that this dont get to messy!

:(

Coops
17-05-2007, 21:49
****in ell mate, thats well not on. hope it all works out for you!

Jamie.
17-05-2007, 21:53
Shit your pants time that, to think they would want the car, big relief when they dont want them back.

Makes it an exciting time eh.

krazydan
17-05-2007, 21:53
thats boll becuase that is so unseen
even with all the cheques these days that still wouldn't tell you,

Piper
17-05-2007, 22:19

what ??

krazydan
17-05-2007, 22:26

what ??

i mean if i go buy a car tomorrow all the checks in the world would not let you see this.

hope all goes well with the CID mate

cheers

zmaster2k
18-05-2007, 08:18
Be afraid!

bluenose
18-05-2007, 08:55
they left that long enough! Or have they not long caught him?

evouk
18-05-2007, 10:29
I would guess he did one and they have just found him!!!

Lucky they arent trying to arrest you on suspicion of handling stolen goods!"!!! :D

Mattie
18-05-2007, 12:40
I would guess he did one and they have just found him!!!

Lucky they arent trying to arrest you on suspicion of handling stolen goods!"!!! :D

lol i kno i thought that they could start questioning if i knew the car was stolen or not! i've already spoke to CID though and they guys sound, still havn't heard from them today though!

not sure why its taken so long, allthough i do know that he didnt work there long after i bought my car, so im guesing they sacked him, then he did one and now there getttin all the info to track him down or arrest him if they have found him!

just hope the garage dont change there mind!

Zollo
18-05-2007, 16:29
Bloody hell you're lucky they don't want it back :shock: 8)

bass_direct
18-05-2007, 16:51
2 years!!! that was one hell of a long doughnut break!

nyk
18-05-2007, 18:49
I wouldnt hold your breath on keeping the car. Depending on how many cars this guy has ripped off from the garage and the value, will determine weither the garage make an insurance claim for the cars.

If they make an insurance claim, your car will be taken off you.

All seems a bit odd after 2 years though. Surely the garage in question would have realised what was going on when these cars dissapeared, and should have contacted the police immediately. Very strange.

seanofnp
18-05-2007, 18:53
Id go round the garage and speak to the manager personally, see what he says about the car and speak to the insurance company.

Gav
19-05-2007, 02:33
good luck with it matt :)

Mattie
20-05-2007, 21:38
the garage didnt know they had disapeared as they never knew they had come into the garage as part X in the first place!

not sure how many cars he did it to, but the company he worked for was a major company which is why they can afford not to claim the cars/money back im guesing.....who knos though, maybe they will change there mind!

I've given my statement now so just gota wait and see what happens. They said hes owned up to everything so far so i shouldn't have to go to court hopefully!