PDA

View Full Version : Gaz Coilovers

donsrno1
17-05-2007, 01:39
I'm thinking of getting some of these from a few sets I've seen for sale but had a few quiestions. I think I'm right in saying these are the coilovers that dent the bonnet, if so can this be prevented and how do you go about sorting it?

Also, I've hear mixed opinions on GAZ coilovers some say they are very good some say not that great - opinions would be welcome (compared to a 16v on koni shocks at standard height btw).

Is it possible to send them back to GAZ to be refurbished and if so how much would that be likely to cost?

Last question, what is required in terms of setting them up once fitted? I would be fitting them myself but do you need to take them somewhere to set them up properly once fitted? (not sure if camber is adjustable on them?) and if so how much would that be likely to cost?

Thanks.

u33db
17-05-2007, 07:38
IIRC a load of washers will cure the bonnet issue?

northy
17-05-2007, 07:49
Williamsclio can get a great price on new avo coilovers £375

midge
17-05-2007, 10:01
the reason they dent the bonnet -

theres 2 diffrent types of topmounts, as on the valvers theres 2 diffrent type of struts, circlip ones and nut ones, most valvers come with the circlip type of struts, the gaz coilovers use the nuts on the top, so when you put the top mount on it cant tighten down meaning the coilover knocks about and hits the bonnet, i grinded down a set off circlip top mounts and my coilovers sat perfectly.